Small Arch Flares

tigeravg

True Classic
Anybody ever seen these particular flares available ANYWHERE?
Just the right amount of silly. Love to find an original set...realizing of course that these are likely made from Unicorn stem cells.
BTW, this is my [current] fever-dream of the perfect X for bopping around my neck of the woods. Just enough everything.
FW5E_uIWYAA629D.jpg

Anybody ever seen these particular flares available ANYWHERE?
Just the right amount of silly. Love to find an original set...realizing of course that these are likely made from Unicorn stem cells.
BTW, this is my [current] fever-dream of the perfect X for bopping around my neck of the woods. Just enough everything.
View attachment 79046
Yeah.......that pic is of the elusive X1/9 Corsa. There were rumours it was to be available as a special edition in Europe...but as far as I can tell......they only ever made ONE for the show car circuit back in '75 or so.

and yeah.....those flares are uber cool. Looks like they screwed on to a standard fender. You would think that they would have had to make a mold....and could have sold a batch. But i've never seen a set for sale. You would have thought Cosentino would have offered them....but I dont think so......However...I would not be surprised if Greg has a set in his "museum" :oops:

That show car also featured a neat ducktail spoiler and some cool seats - looked like Stratos seats ! And some funky wheels - Cromodora CD27 - 13 x 5.5" but with a standard 25mm offset. Bertone used those wheels before on some 850 Racers and some other show cars.

Yeah...if you could somehow find a set of those flares somewhere...you could build a Corsa replica. I've still got a set of those wheels......

Go here for some more pics to drool over:

Last edited:
Isn‘t this a picture of a modern recreation of the Corsa?
If so, the „flares“ may be available somewhere.
To me, they almost look like some sort of generic trim strip?

EDIT: just saw the other thread that explained that this is the original car that has been restored.
😵 I should have remembered, I even posted in the other thread.

Last edited:
Isn‘t this a picture of a modern recreation of the Corsa?
If so, the „flares“ may be available somewhere.
To me, they almost look like some sort of generic trim strip?
Lots of speculation of the Corsa in general....but.....it seems the first pic above ( from original post )...yes is a recent pic. Story goes the original show car from '75 recently surfaced and was restored for a recent X1/9 50th anniversary celebration.

Some more info on the original here:
http://www.auto-pub.net/ASL/Fiat/page_Fiat_X19_Corsa_75.htm

Note the cool trunk lid with integral spoiler. Never seen one of those surface for sale either......Edit - I will correct myself, haha ! Looks like a dead ringer for that Corsa trunk lid was available at some point - but not currently - from MWB - and I suppose perhaps previously from Faza:

Note the contours of the flat portion - certainly different from the stock contours. So likely there are indeed some out there...or possibly MWB still have the mold ?

Last edited:
From the ebay blurb by the seller: "Also note that this is the CORSA model which was a dealer option and pretty rare at that."

Thoughts?

EDIT - OK. So when is a Corsa not a Corsa? https://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/fiat-with-corsa-sighting.26472/page-2

Last edited:
Might not be able to get those exact seats but these are pretty close and my favorites for the X. Very similar to the original FAZA seats.

The pic with the Corsa seats also reminded me of some "GTS Classics" seats. They are pricey but good quality and very vintage styling.

You could replicate the upholstery on these fiberglass cores.

You could replicate the upholstery on these fiberglass cores.

We used to call those "dune buggy seats". The bucket shells come in a handful of styles, with or without the cover, and are very inexpensive. Back in the day I saw some amazing custom upholstery done on them. :)

Back