Smog Check

mbusman

Big Bird
Received the registration renewal in the mail and got Big Bird smog checked yesterday. Just like the previous time, it passed with flying colors with measurements well below the emissions limits.

Since Sacramento won't give any consideration to smog check not being required for any cars younger than 1975 or older cars not driven lots of miles, it's time to change our thinking.

I think we need to get Papa Tony's "insurance salesmen" cousins Luca and Guido to explain the wisdom of making changes to the Sacramento lawmakers. This might be our only chance left.:guns:

Mike

It obviously makes no sense to require strict emission testing on cars so old you can't get OEM parts for anymore. That is unless the goal is to make sure those cars get scraped. If that's the point than it's an incredibly wasteful policy and probably has minimal effect on air quality.

They really should establish a reasonable tail pipe emission level for cars older than 15-20 years and test to those levels and pay no attention to what's under the hood.

Around here... we get tailpipe tested on the rolling dyno deal... (damn Houston chemical company induced smog!) But cars over 25 years old get a 'safety' inspection... Brakes, lights, etc. Have a supercharged bigblock running on straight methanol hanging out the back of your 68 Corvair?... As long as the brakes, blinkers and wipers actually work, you're good to go.

(We're required to have wipers in Texas... technically a windshield isn't required because the laws don't mention it... but wipers are!:doh:)

Just be happy ya passed, Mike...

Somebody likes you...

I would pass and fail and pass again for no apparent reason and with no changes made. Its all PFM!

As for the politicians... forget that too... But if one happens to step in front of your car whilst texting... floor it!

Tony, the thought of the politicians is

tempting, however, with my luck I'd end up in the same court room with the same hard a$$ judge where I'm currently doing jury duty. Besides, I just had the old Bird repainted recently. I'm not worried about the possible damage or blood, but I don't think you could ever get the politicians' slime off.:devil: Not even if you could find someone who could suck the chrome off a trailer hitch.

Mike

Couldn't talk my way out of it.

I wish this was one of those situations where you could say it's nice to see that they recognize great talent.......but it ain't one of those situations.

Mike

Back