So you need brighter headlights!

Not me...although my brother did send me that video. I can't imagine how many people I would piss off in about three minutes of driving here. When he lit up that town down in the valley they probably thought the Russians had dropped the big one

That light bar wouldn't last five minutes in the woods.
The head lights on my X are pretty bright but they are mounted low so that diminishes the efficiency.
On the rear occasions I drive at night I toy with idea of how to mount a couple of LED spots above the windshield with out it looking weird.
I guess I could go full rally and hang head lights everywhere.
Just jacking up the car height would make difference.
In the 70's and 80's I had a couple aircraft landing lights on the front of my Land Cruiser.
They were really bright but ate up the amps.
I had them mounted above the front bumper so they were not much higher than my X19 headlights are now.
One hundred thousand candle power each I ran them uncovered all the time and the only time I ever had a cop say anything about it was when I was sitting on the side of I-10 about a hundred miles from anywhere with a blown engine.
One night I was coming across the desert on I-40 talking to the truckers trying to stay awake when one trucker asked my 20.
I was just coming down the grade before Newberry Springs and could see the running lights of an eighteen wheeler several miles ahead and below me so I turned on the landing lights.
Being on high ground those lights lit up the valley and I heard one trucker say "Dam that looks like a 747 coming in for a landing."
When I told him he was close and what they were it started a conversation that kept us all awake past Barstow and into Victorville.

World's brightest truck? OK. Now, if you wanted that coveted title you could duplicate the same set-up then tape a flashlight to the hood and steal that title away? IF, you wanted that title. :rolleyes:
That truck reminds me of the military MRAP vehicles used in theater. I don't think they have as many LED lights pointing forward, but I think they have about as many lights total. Kinda hard NOT to see them coming.

What, you don't like the standard lighting of an Italian bike from that era! I had a 1975 Ducati 860 GT and I think the headlight was really just captive fire flies.

Back