SoCal X-mafia, I just bought a very complete '77 which will be parted out

nice parts car

I'm gonna go ahead and cue the East Coast members' outrage about nowwww.....

77? 4 spd then, right? Or did this car get a conversion too?

Hi Zonker, I haven't checked yet. Looks like a car that was cared for and coolant and oil etc we're all clean before the front end accident, so if it is the four speed you are looking for chances are it is OK.

Clutch and brakes may even come up, she does run (supposedly).

it sure looks like a 1300 / 4 speed, based on the interior and the engine cover.

So... yes I'd be interested in the tranny.

Whats your plans for the car? I'm assuming you got a great deal if you are parting it out.

it sure looks like a 1300 / 4 speed, based on the interior and the engine cover.

So... yes I'd be interested in the tranny.

Whats your plans for the car? I'm assuming you got a great deal if you are parting it out.

I need a lot of bits for my '74, cheaper to buy a complete car than buy the parts and have them shipped. That is the theory anyway, I caught myself looking at her in the driveway going "you know, I bet I could get her running again..."

I'll dig into her more tomorrow. You have first dibs on the transmission if it checks out and is what you want.

very cool!
It loooks like it was enthusiast owned, with the later model instrument bezel, phone dial wheels, and the color matched roof and engine cover.

Do you know if the car is a Calif or 49 state car? That will tell me which diff ratio it has.

Tom... 1500/5 speeds came about in 1979.

Your '77 is most likely a 1300/4 speed from all indications and also appears to have 2014 tags! (So it was running up 'til this year???)

Look to see if there is a SMOG PUMP on the right side of the engine... I would assume it does. The air-cleaner looks to be modified and the carb fan missing which IMHO is of no concern.

Good morning, how would I tell for sure?

congrats on picking her up. the non cali cars came without a catalytic convertor, and had a plate in the door jamb that says "non catalyst"

of course this is assuming the car has not had its trans replaced in 37 years

it's the car's 37th birthday this month :dance2:

My '79 has a CATALYST sticker

on the door jamb, but the emissions sticker on the left strut tower says it's a 49-state car.

on the door jamb, but the emissions sticker on the left strut tower says it's a 49-state car.

Hi. This one passed SMOG (required to get her registration ticket) so unless the SMOG station was bribed that means everything she needs as a CA car should be there.

But...

Hi. This one passed SMOG (required to get her registration ticket) so unless the SMOG station was bribed that means everything she needs as a CA car should be there.

The CL ad photo shows the engine without a smog pump, which I'm pretty sure is crucial to passing an emissions check? :brow:

00p0p_dqdDakMrGak_600x450.jpg

The CL ad photo shows the engine without a smog pump, which I'm pretty sure is crucial to passing an emissions check? :brow:

The mystery deeps, as it had valid tags as recently as 2010.

There are a couple lines plugged in the engine compartment, wonder if the PO removed the SMOG pump after the last SMOG check?

Back