SOLD - 1971 FIAT 124BC ON BRING a TRAILER - MINE

Frank L. Di Gioia

True Classic

Mike Mittlestead responded to my looking for a 124BC about 2 1/2 years ago and the is the result. His good friend Paul Seble was suffering from MS and this was his last treasured possession. On Mike's word I purchased it sight unseen, got it here and added 134a AC and the CD-66 15" replica rims. Mike arranged loading all the spare parts and shipping for me. I've also spent 2 years detailing an already great car. I'm letting it go as my health has taken a hit also. Covid-19, a pulmonary embolism, and IPF. Not going anywhere soon but need to sort things out. Sadly Paul Seble chose Oregon "Death with Dignity" only 2 weeks before Mike passed away.

Attachments

• IMG_5002[1].JPG
    IMG_5002[1].JPG
    467.3 KB · Views: 31
Finding parts to restore one would be 10x harder than an X, which makes this car even more special. I'm guessing you will do quite well on BAT.

Personally, I'd happily hand over a well sorted X for one of these. As an alternate (to owning an X), this car's proportions make a scorpion's look like a clumsy student project.

Good luck on your health issues and the sale, Frank

Mike Mittlestead responded to my looking for a 124BC about 2 1/2 years ago and the is the result. His good friend Paul Seble was suffering from MS and this was his last treasured possession. On Mike's word I purchased it sight unseen, got it here and added 134a AC and the CD-66 15" replica rims. Mike arranged loading all the spare parts and shipping for me. I've also spent 2 years detailing an already great car. I'm letting it go as my health has taken a hit also. Covid-19, a pulmonary embolism, and IPF. Not going anywhere soon but need to sort things out. Sadly Paul Seble chose Oregon "Death with Dignity" only 2 weeks before Mike passed away.
Looks like the natives have already started in. Diagnosing by phone video microphone is a new one, and so very authoritative.

Keep at it with the responses.

Looks like the natives have already started in. Diagnosing by phone video microphone is a new one, and so very authoritative.

Keep at it with the responses.
The snarky remarks are sometimes a little hard to politely answer. When I sold my 850 there someone started with "In the Porsche world we...."
I did have a BaT member come and look at the car today. Very nice understated individual. I looked up his BaT history and he paid $15,000 for a
vintage Porsche tool kit and another $16,000 for a Ferrari 275 tool kit.....sure hope he liked my test ride!

I hope you have a really nice tool kit in that car!
As a matter o fact it does! Original grey box with wood handle screwdriver except the lug wrench is the wrong size for the CD-66 wheels. Jack is original scissor type but missing the ratchet handle. However the spare only fits the back of the car.....pressurized green slime kit included.

It's understandable that you're now faced with the difficult decision to let go of the car due to health reasons. Your health and well-being should always come first, and it's important to prioritize taking care of yourself during challenging times. While parting with the car may be bittersweet, it's also an opportunity for someone else to enjoy and appreciate it as much as you have. It's a testament to the care and attention you've put into the car that it will now find a new owner who can continue to cherish it.

Hi Frank, hopefully you came to an agreement with the highest bidder?
The high bidder seems to have been a broker and he never replied to a message. I do understand having to allow for holding a car and making a profit on any Fiat is a close call. Another bidder did contact me and is buying the car. If after, gasp, fifty years of owning Fiats I haven't learned the market is thin I'll never learn. GREAT news is that treatment for my lung problem has gone from $3243 a month (pirfenidone) to $11 with VA coverage. It's a case of win and lose.

Right now prices in auction sites like BAT are currently very soft on the cars we love. If you can afford to hold em, now is the time. I get emails from folks who can't afford to hold em any longer, and my advice is usually to realize that now is not the time to make a killing.
So you either take what you can, or leave them for later. Hopefully for those of us who are old, our estates will be able to do well with our passion.

Good to see Frank's love will be going to an enthusiast. The nice thing about BAT is most cars do sell. Many of them after the auction closes as unsold. And for $100.00, Frank hit the best possible buyers with his car.

The high bidder seems to have been a broker and he never replied to a message. I do understand having to allow for holding a car and making a profit on any Fiat is a close call. Another bidder did contact me and is buying the car. If after, gasp, fifty years of owning Fiats I haven't learned the market is thin I'll never learn. GREAT news is that treatment for my lung problem has gone from $3243 a month (pirfenidone) to $11 with VA coverage. It's a case of win and lose.
Sorry it didn’t work out on BAT. It is a fantastic car. Glad you found a good buyer.

I am happy the cost of your meds is more manageable. Getting old is not for the weak.

Back