SOLD - My Black 86 is up for sale at MWB

JimD

Waiting for Godot...
I have been thinking about thinning the herd for a while, so MWB went through the whole car making repairs and refurbishing some things. The car is now up on the MWB For Sale page.

86-Black-a1.jpg

Jim, I'm surprised that you didn't list your car on BAT. It is a very nice looking car and I wouldn't be surprised to see it bring even more than the current asking price on BAT. Good lick with the sale, I hope someone here gets it. :)

Jim, I'm thinking that K-20 installation is making some of the stable mates less interesting to drive.

Jim, I'm thinking that K-20 installation is making some of the stable mates less interesting to drive.
That is somewhat true, but the 85 became my favorite after I got it painted and redid the bumpers and interior. The K20 was just the cherry on top.

When it comes to X ownership, I have gone through phases where I collect several Xs, then sell several Xs. I am not getting any younger and the desire to work on multiple hobby cars just isn't there currently. Having said that, if the car doesn't sell, it won't break my heart. I have owned this black 86 twice, so we have a history. :)

I almost forgot that I bought a 124 Special in 2015, got it running and driving, took it to an FFO in Pittsburgh, then sold it in 2019. So it isn't only Xs the flow through the garage. I obviously have issues. 🤪

motivator.JPG
That's the 86 on the right during my first ownership of the car.

I have the twin.... I'd be curious what you get for it.

Attachments

• 20210710_154405.jpg
    20210710_154405.jpg
    423.2 KB · Views: 23
That car is so nice I'd send it through BaT this spring. For $99 it gets the car in front of a million eyeballs and original cars often do well there.

That car is so nice I'd send it through BaT this spring. For $99 it gets the car in front of a million eyeballs and original cars often do well there.
Had a couple folks show interest, but they passed because the car has been repainted. So I guess it isn't original enough. :)

The 86 has been sold and I have mixed emotions. :( :)

I also have more open garage space.

$22k? I wonder if it would pass Ca. smog.
All '86 models sold new in the US were 50-state cars, and thus CA legal unless "tampered" with. JimD's car looks quite unmolested, and I do see the catalytic converter in the photos. My '85 has so far aced every CA smog test.

All '86 models sold new in the US were 50-state cars, and thus CA legal unless "tampered" with. JimD's car looks quite unmolested, and I do see the catalytic converter in the photos. My '85 has so far aced every CA smog test.
Besides ours, I’ve never seen another one on the road in SoCal, or at any Saturday car shows, so it’s good to know they can do better than a 2010 Jetta Diesel Sportwagen…

Hey Jim you will have more time availability for all your other hobby cars and most important your wife!😁
Hi Yves,

Maybe I will finally get back to work on the 78??? I did push it out of the garage corner when I hauled the 86 up to MWB last December. I even took some of the boxes off the top of the car. Not all of them, just some. :)

Congratulations Jim, sorry and happy to hear this. On the bright side you have just expanded the users group by one.

As to your opened garage space, you know nature hates a vacuum.

Back