SOLD - Yugo GVX 5-Speed Trans.

Jeff Stich

True Classic
This item is SOLD.

Yugo GVX 5-speed transmission with 3.76 (17/64) ratio final drive (ring & pinion). Good used condition, the donor car only had ~42kmiles on it. I pulled this from a junkyard GVX a few years back to save for a future swap into my 128 Wagon. Plans have changed, & the trans is now for sale.

From what I've learned here on Xweb & elsewhere, this trans is a direct swap on Fiat 128 Coupes (3P/SL), but installation into a lowered 128 Sedan/Wagon will require either a modified front swaybar or conversion to radius rods like on 128 Coupe/Strada (because the 5th gear extension housing will hit the standard 128 Sedan/Wagon front swaybar). This trans can also be used to convert any 4-speed Yugo into a 5-speed, but you'll need to use a GVX or GVPlus front swaybar, as well.

$150. Photos on request. Can ship (USPS Parcel Post or UPS Ground) from 92860, or arrange for pickup if you're local.

Last edited:
I have Yugo sway bar for 5 speed gearbox, and Fiat 128 Rally/berlina sway bar for the 5 speed gearbox:)

Regards

Why "No"? The gears, synchros & hubs are the same parts as used in the later X1/9 5-speed (depending on which 5th gear your X 'box has).

I seem to remember that the gear sets were not interchangeable from 5 speed Yugo to 5 speed X. From '85 on they were.? My knowledge is pretty rusty on the details.

Back