Some desk eye candy...

Greg (in Conn)

Bertone curator - X driver
Found a transkit last year on eBay for a Prototipo (very rare) and took a 1/18 scale Minichamps... after some very tedious glue, paint etc. and I am very happy with the outcome. :)
These Minichamps are metal with the added Prototipo resin transkit.
DSC00003.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

Greg...

I have a bit of trouble focusing in on these shots... and was wondering if I sent ya postage... if you could send them out this way so I can see them a bit better...

Thanks, your best friend in SoCal...

Tony

Really nice looking Greg

Thanks for posting those. Hey, if you want to save on postage... (sorry Tony!) :laugh:

Tony hmmm

:) good luck with the Vette by the way :hammer:

Thanks Bob and that was done little by little over a long period...

Did I get this right?

You converted a Minichamps car with the parts from the kit?
Wow!
Did it fit together in terms of scale and fit/finish?

Hey Greg... I was so...

... engrossed in the cars I didn't even read what you wrote.

WOW... outstanding work... from what I can barely see from here... but outstanding none the less.

And from what I've seen these things go for... I bet I spent LESS on the Vette today in what you have invested in time and parts!

HA! Congrats!

Thanks guys total transformation

Some filler is needed after removal of the bumpers and removal of the deck/engine lids are very tricky but with patience this was the end result!

If you look closely even the door jams & interior were painstakingly done including Abarth wheels.

Here is a similar transkit for a Ferrari.

transkit.jpg

Very cool....

It would have been a tough call if not for 1) The stripes, and 2) The wheels, between a 430 and a 360. 430 front intakes are a tad larger, but that's hard to tell on a model!

Back