somebody have problems to post?...

ok guys...

I am back in my dusty old admin account and digging into the backend of the forum code, please be patient, I hope to have this resolved shortly... :gong:

Attachments

• adminxweb.JPG
    adminxweb.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 42
It's doing it on my I-pod Touch with Safari. Also happening on my work machine with W7 and IE, and my laptop with Vista and IE.

John O.

interim update

Guys, it is not your browsers or OS at fault, it is in fact not even Xweb's code at fault. I have just checked in with a number of other webmasters running vbulletin with similar photobucket hacks across the web and as of today they are all experiencing the same issue, so obviously, photobucket has changed something about their login code that no longer jives with this hack... I am working now to remove it from our system. I will report back with updates as the situation progresses... Once again, thank you for your collective patience, and apologies for the temporary irritation - stay tuned - I am hacking like a madman over here to get er done :pc:

HACK REMOVED

EVERYONE PLEASE CHECK IN AND REPORT whether you are ok now?

I have (in theory) removed the offending hack

I will be researching other ways to include photobucket upload capability, but for now, it has been removed from Xweb

(at least we still have good ol imageshack!)

PLEASE REPORT AND LET ME/US KNOW the issue is resolved for you? :huh:

thanks Mac!!!

EVERYONE PLEASE CHECK IN AND REPORT whether you are ok now?

I have (in theory) removed the offending hack

I will be researching other ways to include photobucket upload capability, but for now, it has been removed from Xweb

(at least we still have good ol imageshack!)

PLEASE REPORT AND LET ME/US KNOW the issue is resolved for you? :huh:

you are my hero!!!

thanks again!!

Thanks Mac. Ive got some past legal issues that could use some fixing while your at it, maybe add a few 000's to my bank account;)

No problems now

I also noticed that the reply page loads alot faster. I guess I need to open an Image Shack account now.:mallet:

photobucket gone

Yes, sorry folks, but for the time being, the only way to get photobucket to stop hijacking the post/reply screen was to completely remove the photobucket login box from our site. I am researching other ways to deal with this but for now it is gone, you will need to just open up photobucket in another browser window, do your deal there (uploading images or whatnot) and then use the "picture" button (looks like this
insertimage.gif
) in the post/reply box controls to paste in the url of your image, similar to how the imageshack setup has always worked...

I guess I need to open an Image Shack account now
No need. You can still use photos from pho*obucket, you just have to do it with the regular image button instead of the photobuck*t widget.

Last edited:
ps - wysiwyg

forgot to mention, since we have "wysiwyg" post/reply screens on xweb, you may be able (instead of using the pic button to paste an url) to just right click copy and paste the image itself into your posts as well, although, I do not use photobucket so have not tested this method, but in theory it should also work

Back