Something a little different this week. Not mine. But damn….

Sure beats my driving around the block to test my project cars. You will be very popular with your local car clubs.

I'm sure the new owner, who is not a car guy, will bulldoze away the track.

I've always dreamed of having enough land to build my own personal track on it. But these days it would need to be in a very remote part of the country (like this one) in order to avoid complaints and regulations.

Maybe 100 acres of useless land out west, with your track somewhat in the middle? Make sure everyone has mufflers on their cars and you might want to check what your legal liability might be if a friend rolls his car and gets hurt. On second thought, don't tell your friends about your track. If you make it offroad you won't need the expense of paving it.

Maybe 100 acres of useless land out west, with your track somewhat in the middle? Make sure everyone has mufflers on their cars and you might want to check what your legal liability might be if a friend rolls his car and gets hurt. On second thought, don't tell your friends about your track. If you make it offroad you won't need the expense of paving it.
IMG_2927.JPG
IMG_2931.JPG
I have about a half mile of dirt to tear up. Also have about 3/4 mile bike trail around the perimeter. Don't know where to put in a paved track with out knocking down some trees. Money, money might be a problem too.

Sigh. The closest I ever came was when my brother and I were into motocross racing. We started flat tracking our bikes around our folks pool in the backyard...great fun...until we realized we were cutting through the grass and making a dirt oval around the pool. Dad was not happy.

How about 400 acres out west in the middle of nowhere. Look up Oregon Raceway Park. It’s for sale and it’s a fantastic track. Probably out of the budget for most of us. But you can dream.

Certainly NOT an X1/9 track. Lots of straight aways, and the corners I see from the photo appear to be banked.

The local guy that used to run all of our autocrosses moved to a very large piece of dirt in Idaho a few years ago. He is still building the out buildings for storage of his wheeled collection. Once he recovers from that, buying a bulldozer is planned. The entire idea of the go cart track in White City Oregon is the basis for his ideas.
He has lots of ideas.

For me, a 7,764 square foot house seems silly. I think keeping my 800 square footer clean is a lot of work, and it seems I don't even open the door to at least one of the rooms.

If I did this on my place, I'd want a slow, tight technical track. Too much opportunity for things to go really wrong with that much straight track.

When I bought my 5 acres the SCCA regional exec stopped over and suggested it would be perfect for a rally cross. I agree, but don't think the neighbors would approve. Could probably get away with it one time though. :)

Back