Southeast 3 day event, NC: June 26-28 2009

Denise Burchette

True Classic
June 26-28 in Winston-Salem, NC. This is a 3 day car event with gokart racing, time/distance rally and autocross, along with a tour of a local restoration facility. I've been working on making this event as inexpensive as possible and hope those of you nearby will come and play! More info will be available soon, along with accomodations and pricing. We will have a few other car clubs joining us so if you want to show up the BMW 2002 club, mark you calendars!

Also, on a side note, please join us for the Moonshine Rally May 2nd in Elkin, NC. This is a time/distance rally with over 100 classic cars lining up in downtown Elkin and ending at a local winery. It's great fun set in the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains.
For more info on either event email me at spyderlady71*yahoo.com

Event update!

The time is drawing nearer so I thought I'd update everyone on a couple of changes that haven't been noted on the website yet. The venue for the Saturday night dinner has been changed to the Celtic Cafe ( http://thecelticcafe.com/ ) which is a nice little Irish pub. Also, since the hotel includes a decent breakfast with the rates we won't be having a breakfast buffet on Sunday at the Winston Eatery. I was able to negotiate a better price and got the room rate lowered to $85 per night.
I have driven the rally route and think everyone will be impressed with the roads and scenery!...and don't worry, I will disqualify myself from receiving a trophy for this event.
The autocross will also be a blast. There will be a few different types of cars in the mix so we'll get to compete against the BMW 2002s and others. Everyone needs to make sure they bring a helmet. I'll have 1 or 2 extras, but if you have one, bring it.
I hope to meet and see many of you for this weekend event. If you are planning to attend, please take the time to register soon. Time is growing near and it will help me keep everything organized if I know how many people to plan for.

Back