speedo cable ends

enzo mac

True Classic
[FONT=&quot]Does anyone know if the speedo cables end connectors, that is, the ends of the two part cable that mate the short and long cables, can be replaced without replacing both cables? The speedometer worked until fine until the mating connectors fell apart. Since my car, an (85) sat for ten years in the California sun, the plastic ends have disintegrated completely.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks …..[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Vincent dba enzo mac[/FONT]

There are several threads about changing the speedo cable.

Both Chris and I have been down this road! International Auto Parts, Vicks, and Matt at Midwest have one piece replacements. A word of caution: FIAT went to a two piece cable for a reason. Getting a one piece hooked up to the back of the cluster once the new cable has been installed is a royal PITA!!! More importantly: I discovered that the one-piece that I had purchased, although visibly the same externally, was a little different internally and the new plastic end did not properly connect to the back of the speedo cluster without modification. I'd test fit the new cable BEFORE routing it through the car, no matter who you buy it from. I believe my cable was about $20.

Back