Speedo cable routing?

budgetzagato

Administrator
Is this run under the car, say next to or through the vent tunnel, or inside through the tunnel between the seats? Gotta replace it, and I have the car in the air for other work anyway so... just want to know what I'm in for.

Thanks.

Figured it out...

I think. I ran it like the previous cable which enters the cabin above the center tunnel under the console, and then tucks behind the front center console and over around to the gauge cluster. Seems like plenty of slack.

All done, back together, and even got the heater fan switch wires swapped around so the max speed is in the correct position (bottom).

:woot:

I'm trying to do the speedo cable now on an '86 Bertone X1/9.

I guess I need to jack the car up and remove the center under-coolant-tubes belly pan? Then I can see and remove possible fastners/ties holding the cable through the middle of the car so it will become loose to pull out and feed the new one through?

Umm, no.

I guess I need to jack the car up and remove the center under-coolant-tubes belly pan? Then I can see and remove possible fastners/ties holding the cable through the middle of the car so it will become loose to pull out and feed the new one through?

Back