STARTER RELAY LOCATION

STARTER RELAY LOCATION
oK, OK, I'm installed the relay in to the spare tire location, but, (I'll try to make my project the cleanest as possible)...
Question is: how you pass the relay wires thru the spare tire space to the engine bay?
Did you make a hole on the access plate or direct to the fire wall/

thanks on advance!

Riccardo

STARTER RELAY LOCATION
oK, OK, I'm installed the relay in to the spare tire location, but, (I'll try to make my project the cleanest as possible)...
Question is: how you pass the relay wires thru the spare tire space to the engine bay?
Did you make a hole on the access plate or direct to the fire wall/

thanks on advance!

Riccardo
I used the existing opening at the top of the tunnel which will exit the wires nearly right on top of the starter.

There is a red wire which is part of the main bundle which leads to the starter solenoid spade connector. This is the wire you will be using to excite the relay from the ignition switch. So pull that one back into the spare tire well, you will need to undo part of the bundle.

A new 10ga wire from the starter main lug to the relay and a new 10 ga wire from the relay to the solenoid spade connection.

This what I did

I used the existing opening at the top of the tunnel which will exit the wires nearly right on top of the starter.

There is a red wire which is part of the main bundle which leads to the starter solenoid spade connector. This is the wire you will be using to excite the relay from the ignition switch. So pull that one back into the spare tire well, you will need to undo part of the bundle.

A new 10ga wire from the starter main lug to the relay and a new 10 ga wire from the relay to the solenoid spade connection.
VERY THANK YOU A LOT!!! sorry, my mind is loosening and I don't know where is it!!! but with your help I'll do on the right way!!

Back