Steering wheel and Fiat Canada radio (vintage)

Discussion in 'FS&W Forum' started by myredracer, Jan 7, 2019.

1. myredracer

myredracer True Classic

Unknown brand 14" steering wheel. Faux leather is in good condition, metal spokes have a little surface rust and needs paint. Horn button in reasonable condition except for fading paint. Brass ring on front side is slightly dented and needs pulling back. Missing a spring to hold back the horn button. This was removed from an 850 and AFAIK, fits a 124 too (maybe X also?). $60 USD.

Fiat Canada AM radio from the 70s (or 60s?). Tested and in good working condition and no missing knobs or damaged parts. However, only seems to bring in Anne Murray's greatest hits from the 70s... $10 USD.

Oh, and shipping is additional.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    myronx19 likes this.
  2. myronx19

myronx19 True Classic

hahah - Anne Murray, too funny! - neat find at a great price!

The steering wheel is from an X1/9, I'm guessing 1974 as I believe they were black - or this one was painted (the horn button style is pre '78). '79 steering wheels were black, but have a different button.

3. Dr.Jeff

Dr.Jeff True Classic

Sorry to distract here, but does anyone know if the earlier style X1/9 horn button (as shown in this listing) is a direct fit onto the later X1/9 wheel?

Both items listed are nice looking parts at great prices. ;)

4. Mark

Mark FIATFREAK

It will fit but will be rotated several degrees, so the lettering won’t line up. It can be modified to line up by notching the slots that hold the center horn button in its ring

Dr.Jeff likes this.
  5. Tavalin

Tavalin Michael Motorcycle

I love the radio but a little too old for my ‘86 X. Plus, not a big fan of Anne Murray. :)
    Thanks,
    Mike

6. DaveR

DaveR True Classic

It'll also pull in yer Bryan Adams and Bachman-Turner Overdrive too eh.

No offense eh.

Tavalin, Dr.Jeff and 79X19 like this.
  7. Dr.Jeff

Dr.Jeff True Classic

I love old school radios, for old school cars. Some X's may be a bit more 'modern' but some retain the vintage look that this would be great for (maybe early vs later X's). The ideal project would be to replace the guts in it with a modern stereo. I don't care for any of the new radios on the market that attempt to look 'old'. They totally miss the mark in my opinion. But something like this certainly has the right look.

8. Jeff Stich

Jeff Stich True Classic

I'll take the radio, it should fit nicely in the old single-speaker Rich Motors radio center console, & it'll be a fitting nod to the Maple Leaf for my formerly-Canadian 850 Coupe! ;)

Tavalin likes this.
  9. myredracer

myredracer True Classic

No fan of hers either.
    Sold! Just think of the deep/rich sound you'll get along with a vintage speaker, all in full mono... :)

Tavalin likes this.