Still looking for fifth gear set!

i have 4 transaxles, dont want to take them apart just to look, i know its just the rear cover, but still. there has to be a way to determine without dissasembly

i have 4 transaxles, dont want to take them apart just to look, i know its just the rear cover, but still. there has to be a way to determine without dissasembly
Ihave asked around but no one seems to know. It was a one year only thing, which was don inorder to get the carbed '79s through emmisions testing. By 80 they were all fuel injected, and went back to the original beta ratios. If you do have the right set, would you sell them?

You can try counting the rotations of the axles with fifth gear engaged.

Actually, there were no '80 Betas in the US. Just ask Ed Perlowsky.

Ihave asked around but no one seems to know. It was a one year only thing, which was don inorder to get the carbed '79s through emmisions testing. By 80 they were all fuel injected, and went back to the original beta ratios. If you do have the right set, would you sell them?

if i have 2 sets of them , yes. and i might have 2 sets. what is the teeth count on the set im looking for?

i will have to get the other set in return though so the gearbox is not useless

if i have 2 sets of them , yes. and i might have 2 sets. what is the teeth count on the set im looking for?

i will have to get the other set in return though so the gearbox is not useless
32/37 is the count. Let me know what you find and I'll by them!

Back