strata brakes on x 19

charliesx

Low Mileage
Ok here's the low down, I have an 81 strada and a 76 x, I didn't like the way the brakes were acting on the x so I took them apart. I started looking at the brakes on the strada after I broke a bleader screw on the x brakes. The calipers appear to be compatible, same except that the strada has a smaller banjo bolt and is a single piece aluminum casting. I'm swaping! If there are any other issues please give me a heads up. Thanks
Charlie

The Strada caliper you describe....

The Strada caliper you describe sounds exactly like the newer style of X caliper. I don't remember exactly when the changeover happened, but I'd expect to find the one-piece caliper on an '81 X as well. Completely compatible drop-in replacement for the earlier style.

The Strada caliper you describe sounds exactly like the newer style of X caliper. I don't remember exactly when the changeover happened, but I'd expect to find the one-piece caliper on an '81 X as well. Completely compatible drop-in replacement for the earlier style.
they switched it over when they went to the 1500's, my 78 had the 2 piece caliper, but im currently running spider calipers right now, but they are the same mounting, might have to use the bracket from the original upright

so far so good

I went ahead and took the strata hoses so it's hose banjo bolt and caliper from the strata. looks good except for a little issue of one piston not wanting to come out. I'll hook it up and stomp the brakes once, that should do it. Thanks for the input.
charlie
PS is anyone going to the Oregon 2010?

Back