Stratos at Lime Rock Park today

kayaker37

True Classic
Wow, I've never seen one in person, this one had a for sale sign on it, wonder what they are asking.

Are there many of these around?

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

Wow, I've never seen one in person, this one had a for sale sign on it, wonder what they are asking.

Are there many of these around?

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg
if its a real deal stratos it might be worth a lot of change, as there arent many surviors left, there were only 492 EVER produced, altho there a lot of replica kits out there, this one looks like it might be the real deal

this had the Ferrari/Dino engine

and looks like some parts are in fiberglass as the paint was showing stress cracks around the headlight area. Looked like the body needed some work, and with dealer plates I assume they are looking for a pretty penny.
I rounded the top of the hill from where we were sitting so you have a good overview of where the race cars are located, and my eyes were drawn to the blue and I was like wow, is that Stratos, which was pretty good as we were some distance away and I had never seen one in person. Cool.

Wow really cool Paul...

I'm sure that made your day right there :italia: That sure looks legit to me but I've seen VERY good replicas as well. If that's the real deal then your looking at 6 figures for sure.

Stratos is a top 5 car all time for me! Here is somebody's tribute via the X !
stratosx.jpg

Lancia-Stratos-HF-Group-4-.jpg

Drooool

Thanks for digging those up :thumbsup: Paint reminds me of a '69 Mach 1 combining my 2 perfect worlds together! :excited:

mach1.jpg
bluestratos2.jpg

Man they park $225,000 rare

vehicles close together :whistle: How many of us would let someone get that close to the X :laugh:

photo3.jpg

Stratos

I drove a real Stratos many years ago. It is extremely fast, geared to accelerate like a rocket sled but no real top speed. It is also indescribably, frighteningly, unstable -- which is great for its intended use but not so good for the street. I suppose if you built a clone and lowered it to Fast and Furious height it would make a great autocross car ... slalom? What slalom?

Back