Stroker bottom end

I think with a longer stroke you can gain torque, The long stroke crank with the 78mm is not too long,many manufacturers use much longer stroker and can run 7-8K without an issue. Honda uses also rather long strokes compared to the Fiat SOHC engines,and they rev to around 9000 in stock.

On other hand,the SOHC engine should be able to rev to 11-12K,and then massive power could be achieved with the relative low torque.

Another thing what you just mentioned,Pete, most power comes from the head and accessories. Bottom end gives only displacement. There are some factors like rod-stroke ratio, bore-stroke ratio,etc wich have some effect.

We have some people here running 1.9 turbo. They reported massive torque low down,compared to the 1.4 or 1.6 turbo engines. Of course,it may happen,that the unmodified head could not flow enough for this displacement up top.

So in my opinion,you can have 160 hp or even more on an 1.9 NA,but you wont,if you fit a stock head,with a performance cam only. 1.6 sporting is 90hp (tipo is only 78 here),with a performance cam,measured power was 100 hp. The additional 300 ccm will not gain 60 hp for sure.

With extensive work,i see no reason,why the 100-110hp/L could not be achieved on an 1.9.

I completely agree with everything you said...

With extensive work,i see no reason,why the 100-110hp/L could not be achieved on an 1.9.

And anything is possible given enough time and resources, but "extensive work" was not advertised, "easy mods" were. Those are what I want to know more about.

Pete

Very valid points guys and questions I cannot bring answers to I'm afraid, the people that build these NA engines seem to keep themselves and engine specs to themselves..

I'm a turbo tuner and NA is not my playing field but I do believe these engine could make very good power, this is probably irrelavant but even before my turbo starts to come in on mine I'm already making 150-190hp. What I've noticed is that these engine do like to rev I mean mine revs to almost 8k, I've got full boost on quite a big turbo at 4-4200rpm and a power band of around 3.6-8k which is truly amazing.

I hope one of the guys who have baught these of me will come forward with what they have done and achieved :)

1.9 Stroker parts available!

Sadly a customer has decided not to go ahead his 1.9 build.

Bottom end with forged Stroker 1.9 wossner pistons, with forged arrow con rods and 78.4mm Stroker crankshaft all up for grabs!

Pm me if anyone is thinking of going down this route full bottom end basically available !

yay

Well this morning when I woke up I certainly didn't think I would own a 1.9L SOHC block and crank but I do.

1.9L Turbo X1/9 should be a nice play toy.

Pistons, Rods sold along with Block & crankshaft.

There should be a few 1.9's that will soon pop up now hopefully soon :)

Anyone interested in building a set up like this please feel free to PM me :)

Good seller

Hi guys,

I bought the pistons, rods, crank and block.

I recommend GTTurbo as a seller easy to deal with goods came as described.

My own 1.9 stroker engine

It maybe time for me to finally move on. I am considering selling my setup and ripping my car apart in an attempt to source back the money I have put into it.

I will only consider this if I can sell my engine as a whole. I am still in two minds about this however could be more persuaded maybe if I could get a buyer for the engine.

It's a 336bhp 273lbs engine 1.9 Stroker with extensive work carried out on it.

Some mods are as follows:

Piper 300cam
GT2871r turbo
Fully forged and balanced bottom head
Seperate ring hg

Head: gas flowed, ported & slightly polished, big vales, ports ported to valve size, all bronze guides, ports opened up to valve size piper strings.
Inlet mani ports matched with head with large throttle body.
I would be after £3500 for the whole engine plus any postage and payment costs.

If anyone would be interested please feel free to drop me a pm regarding the full spec.

Back