Style and design, the X1/9 at its best.

At first I thought they were just flexing around due to wind pressure deflecting them. But looking closer, on some turns they do pivot to help steer the car. However not every corner, so they must be manually controlled, and not tied into the steering system.
The rear wing also goes up and down at times. He must have 4 arms to drive this car.
Unfortunately the added close-up views of the car toward the beginning of the video make it even harder to look at.
Being bike engine powered, and with everything removed, it must be very light.
Rear wing looks like is connected with brake pedal, it helps to slow down before corners.

Note to self:
If Marcello Gandini designed your car...
01--BeroneRunabout_front-view.png
02--BertoneRunabout_rear-view.png

03--BertoneRunabout--.png

...there's no need to redesign it.
04--FrankenNine_front-view.jpg
05--FrankenNine_rear-view.jpg

06--FrankenNine.jpg

Last edited:
D443DAEE-F2DB-4C71-A546-45F7158BA57F.jpeg
This thread was meant for funny posts, sorry, I had to post this pic somewhere.
A bit similar to Graversen’s

For a track-only car the white one seems pretty well done. Makes the X very modern. I like the big fender flares.
The yellow one isn't my taste either but that was a LOT of work. Someone had a dream. Funny how this one is intended to be modern styled, but I view the white one as more modern. Maybe just because it fits my taste better.

The yellow one is for the most part Photoshop. I know the car. I looks pretty rad, but it is a Dallara body kit with rear wing and the mural on the front.
The front, rear, wheels, side intake is all photoshopped.

I am not one to be knocking car modifications. Over the years I have done customizing on motorcycles, cars and a boat.
While some will argue that I messed them up I have also had some positive compliments.
One thing I keep in mind when doing a design mod is how will it look sitting in traffic.
1.jpg
This one is obviously a track car and looks impressive but there are some that would try to run something like it on the street. Try to imagine how it would look on the street in stop and go traffic in some big city.
2.jpg
Same here. Look cool zipping down the free way but once you hit the off ram and merge into city traffic only to get stuck between a UPS truck and a semi, some of that flash is diminished.
The monstrosity originally posted is just that and would look out of place on a race track or a Wal Mart parking lot.
Last note on the yellow car; If it is photo shopprd why not do something about that plug ugly licence plate?

Back