Super Vee (from Panasport thread)

gene cooley

Autocrosser
Super Vee pics. Probably posted in
an older thread but here they are again.
20170907_084434.jpg

Oh wow an air-cooled SuperVee turned A-Mod car? Insanity. A-mod was always crazy to me....just amazing homebuilt craziness.

Oh wow an air-cooled SuperVee turned A-Mod car? Insanity. A-mod was always crazy to me....just amazing homebuilt craziness.
Tui chassis were very successful in AM because they had good suspension and a short wheelbase. My son trophied at Nationals in 2009 and 2017. (4th and 3rd)
The top wing was built by long time AM competitor George Bowland in I think the 80s. We bought it in the early 2000s. I could be wrong but I think the wing has finished in the trophies in each of the last 4 decades.
Even though it's not competitive with modern AMs it's still a fast car. (When it's running)

I almost bought a Jim McKamey modified Lola B-Mod car back in the day (mid-90s). Good times. I remember it fitting me like a glove. I wonder where it is today? Hmmm

I almost bought a Jim McKamey modified Lola B-Mod car back in the day (mid-90s). Good times. I remember it fitting me like a glove. I wonder where it is today? Hmmm

John Neighbors had converted George's VW powered AM car to a BM with a high dollar VW "replica" engine when we bought the wing, not sure if Mckamey was still running BM or not (early 2000s). Might be worth looking for the car, most BM cars these days are former DSRs. It might just be sitting somewhere.

Back