Swap Meet 9/15 10am in Olympia

Address...

Easy to forget the simply things.

6809 Zangle Rd NE, Olympia WA 98506

Our driveway is shared, we are the one that goes straight back. Stop when you see the X1/9's or my Scorpion. :)

360-705-3193 if you get lost.

Good turnout for the meet...

We had 14 forum members and other folks total. After the initial introductions and some trading, we had lots of car talk. Later, about 3 pepperoni pizzas I cooked up in our wood fired pizza oven around noon and a case of beer were consumed. Thanks to those who contributed; both with beverages and the potato salad someone brought.
IMG_0094.jpg

Les brought his mom's Abarth:
IMG_0088.jpg

We had 5 other Fiats; 4 X1/9's and one 124 Spider 2000.
IMG_0092.jpg

Some of the parts for sale and trade:
IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

In the end I was begging people to take stuff home, and still have a few things left over. One set of tail lights, some ignition stuff, a targa top, some cowl grilles and side intake grilles. But, got rid of a lot of parts and, got some great parts for myself (injectors, TPS, front turn signal housings). Thanks to everyone who came and made it so much fun. I think we should do it more than once a year, perhaps spring and fall.

great time!

Thanks Greg for having us and everyone for showing up! Here's a couple more pics i snapped:

Jake's X
EACD859F-EB03-4EC4-9E14-113AADE034DC-4720-00000621ECC50DEA.jpg

Matthew's
2BA1572A-E402-4755-9667-323ED71AA33A-4720-00000622089EFF1A.jpg

3 in a row
1D17198F-E2E9-4C80-B1A1-E2C91EFA3DC2-4720-000006223440D821.jpg

headed home
545BA033-0132-47FC-8DD0-A912947B9DAA-4720-000006226BB26F9F.jpg

wish I got more pics of everyone, great group of guys. We should do this more often!

A hardy THANK YOU goes out to the host !

Gregory,

Your event turned out well. I agree, they should be more frequent and perhaps we'll have to feret out where some of the more tenured members might be hanging out these days. I suspect they could have provided some insight on where some current built challenges had been expressed at the meet.

Custom made pizza, on the spot, served hot for lunch ?

Does it get any better than that ?

You owe it to this forum to take a good picture of the oven you built. I think many others would enjoy seeing a good picture of it.

....until next time

lezesig
'72

Gregory,
Thanks for sponsoring a great event. What an opportunity to meet a bunch of good folks. I definitely learned a lot as well. The hand made pizza out of you wood fired pizza oven topped the day off.
Thanks again everyone,

Ya know Les... I think Gregory has...

more time and money invested in that oven than all his cars put together!

He did post a bunch of articles a while back covering its construction, test firing and re-construction.

All I was thinking reading over his threads was... "Man, ya really gotta WANT fresh, hot pizza to go through all this! He's more "Italian" than I am!"

HA!

Some wares

Too bad even more drivers did not show than were already there.

What I saw offered, that did not move, included:

A set of Daytonas. Restored, with rubber.

A set of aft GR2's, with IAP type springs.

An illuminated OEM FIAT service sign. Very rare.

A hood and trunk lid. Straight.

An aft window pane. Blem free.

Cable assembly window winders. New.

32DATRA with manifold. FREE

Distributor assembly completely rebuilt. FREE.

Scorpion, right side, buttress panel. Straight. FREE

Windshield wiper leaf guards. Left side(s), right side(s).

....the list is longer and I suspect the items are still up for grabs.

Regarding the pizza oven - Thanks for the additional pics Gregory. I was unaware of the original posts Tony speaks of. Take a couple of minutes away from this forum and see what happens? :)

lezesig
'72

Unique opportunity

Kevin B,

His name would be Ray, and Gregory might have his contact information.

lezesig
'72

fyi- Please help support his daughters second year in college :)

What?

Scorpion, right side, buttress panel. Straight. FREE

Who had this? I missed it, unless you are confusing my d/s X wing window for that.

BTW, Les, thanks so much for the bathroom mirror, it is right at home.:)

Hey Les...

I'll take that carb, dizzy and leaf guards off your hands...

I don't think I have a use for the intake manifold though... and what does that FIAT sign look like.

Please PM me here or at natolial (at) pacbell.net.

Thanks...

To clarify

Gregory,

Yep. Right in plain sight. Wayne had the buttress along with the hood and deck lid from an X. The buttress is the unwindowed version and Wayne had made comment that it was different than yours for that reason. Still, nonetheless, it was/is a Scorp part :)
Too bad it had to cart all the way back down south...ha ha ha

I am glad you enjoy the mirror. It was in a very old home of an old aerospace machinist and stone cutter. I saw the uniqueness of it like yourself and just had to trade for it from a friend while we were clearing out his folks home.....

lezesig
'72

To clarify

Black-Tooth,

Didn't think parts would slide by your nose undetected.....ha ha ha

The leafgaurds were offered by Gregory himself.

The carb, fitted to manifold, and dizzy were offered by Mr. Wayne.

Each chose not to advertise the items on the FS&W section here.

I didn't have a d*mn thing to bring with me cept a little modern ABARTH. Empty handed this round I guess.

Did I mention the crisp crust chewy center HOT fried pizza pie as delivered from the aroma-smokey fired oven ?

lezesig
'72

Damn!

I totally missed that. Too bad Wayne didn't mention it to me. I would have taken it off his hands just to be helpful. Could be a wall sign or something, or saved to peddle later to Scorpion owners.

Back