sway bars anchoring points? please help

Oh no....

Thanks Steve. I had a feeling I was just being slung an insult with the comment..LOL.. I will intall it right away and proceed to the trees...:rolleyes2: On a serious note I am interested in feeling the effects. Does it hurt to just install the rear but not the front? I dont have a front sway bar...

The rear bar is intended to compliment a front bar on a rear wheel drive car. So you would NOT want to install a rear bar without a front bar. You ALWAYS want the front of the car to have the majority of the roll stiffness. With a rear bar only, the car would oversteer excessively and seriously unload the inside rear tire when cornering.

If you want to "feel the effects" get a front bar and try it. You can always add the rear bar and then take it back off if you prefer. I use a front bar only on my '74 street car.

Handy pics in this thread - may have to try & fit one of my spare rear Volvo bars to the front of the X.. :grin:

If you want to "feel the effects" get a front bar and try it. You can always add the rear bar and then take it back off if you prefer. I use a front bar only on my '74 street car.

I reccommend this. I bought an X with both and I quickly removed the rear after MANY attempts at adjusting the suspension to keep from spinning to no avail. Might be my style of driving but I prefer a front only setup as well.

Back