synchronizing dcnf's

wannabfast

Thai with a 78 in MN
just wondering if you can balance a single dcnf, via the air bypass screws above the mixture screws?

like is it possible to balance not only between carburetors but within each barrel via synchrometer

Probably not worth the effort if both barrels feed a common plenum. Now, if you had a split manifold, where each barrel fed two cylinders, then it would be worthwhile.

As it is, just open them the same amount or close them completely, and move on to other things.

Ciao,

well i have a split manifold... i gotta get my hands on a synchrometer and see what im missing...

yes

If your running a dual DCNF setup, every carb has to pull the same vacuume.

Things you'll need
This book,
d046_1.JPG

buy it here
http://www.carburetion.com/books.asp

and a carburetor synchronizer

I found it here, but I'm not sure if you can find it cheeper somewhere else.
http://www.chircoestore.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2361

These tools will prove to be very valuable in tuning your engine.

Hope this helps,

im using a different style, and it seems like the gauge wont move unless its almost stalling out the engine....

here is what to do.

Disconnect the throtle linkage from the carbs. (to prevent binding or tension) The upper screws start out (gently) turned all the way in and the lower ones (idle mixture screws) turned two turns out. The barrel with the higher vacuum reading gets the upper screw turned out until it is equal with the other barrel on the same carb. One screw should be always be turned in all the way. Once both barrels are equal, move to the other carb and repeat adjustment. You may need to increase the idle to prevent the car from stalling. Once the two barrels are equal on each carb, you'll need to make both carbs equal each other by turning the screw on the adjustment plate between the carbs. Once again, you may need to increase (or decrease) the idle to keep it running at a normal rate.

In the end, all 4 barrels should have equal vacuum.

Last edited:
Back