Tall K&N air filter

AngleT

Always more tuning to do
I know there has been requests to post our own fixes to common X problems, so when someone asked about my air filters, I thought I would post it in a new thread.

The common box filter seemed a bit too short/restrictive to me, so a few years back I called K&N with the distance between the filter mounting surface and the engine lid and the type of carbs I was running (40DCNF). They told me that these filters were the largest that would fit and they have worked great for me. At $62 each, they are a little pricey, but if you take care of them, they should last a really long time. These filters are under a 1500 hood. Just remember to keep plenty of wax on the chrome so they don't rust. Their chrome is a little cheep and will rust if left alone.

http://store.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=56-1120

DSCN3618.jpg

56-1120.jpg

Awesome Tom. How close to your 1500 cover do they come? I have considered tall filters as well. I run the smaller cover and was considering modd'ing it to allow for bigger filters; even adding a relief or hole(s) for the filters. My thought would be cool factor as well as added cooling for the carbs. (but more for the cool factor) :)

Thanks,
Tim

SOMEONE... I'm just a someone?

Geez...

But hey... thanks for the info... they sure look great and look like they'd perform great!

my apologies

of course you're not just "someone". In an atempt to hide my true feelings for you, I was dismissive. For that, I am sorry...:sad: :hug:

LOL But really...sorry bout that man.

I feel much better now...

Thanks...

Being a SOMEBODY is sure much better than being a NOBODY I guess...

HA!

(By all this meaningless chatter lately, I guess things around here are getting pretty slow, huh!)

Back