Terrific Fiat Freakout!

janet80

lovin' my X
It was fun to see our friends again and to meet some new ones this year!
The Tail of the Dragon was a challenge in a 1970 Fiat 124 Spider. I do believe the X1/9 is truly meant for it....Someday!!

Likewise!

Except for a little rain keeping us from our go-kart appointment, everything went off without a hitch.

Sparky (1970 Fiat 124 Spider) drove us 1156 miles including side trips from Dayton to Asheville and back. On the Cherohalla Skyway, got stuck behind a dumptruck uphill at 10 MPH, which caused the temp gauge to spike until we turned the heater and defrost fan on, which helped until I could pass that truck.

Everett said this was his favorite Freakout so far. Of course getting his photo taken with the "Fiat girls" probably didn't hurt either.

I am hoping to have the X1/9 painted and all mechanicals sorted by fall of this year.

Good to see you, Kevin! Happy motoring! :sun:

Great to meet you too, Janet

and we had a good time talking with you and Everett during the breakfast. I hope you were able to use the 124 Spider pieces my nephew gave you. He didn't want to give them up, but I convinced him that you needed those parts for your car. Speaking of the Fiat twins, my nephew was pretty happy to have his picture with them, too!
Dave
IMG_0031.jpg

Thanks Dave and also thanks especially to your delightful nephew Thomas. He was so generous to give us the Spider parts, and "Sparky" will wear them proudly! He is learning some great life lessons running around with (who I am sure is) his favorite uncle!
BTW, your X 1/9 has one of the slickest paint jobs I have ever seen!

Thanks Denise for posting the photos. My camera's messed up.
GIRL, Did I see something about you and ANOTHER X1/9??????!!!!!!
You mah hero!

I knew I wouldn't have time to take photos so I left my camera at home. There are some pics I'd like to see. Maybe they'll pop up somewhere.
I did buy another X19 last week on the sly. I'm waiting for Ron to go out of town so I can go get it. I don't normally keep these little things from him, but he told me I had to get rid of two cars to keep the 500.

Back