The BEST of WebX!

MikeHynes

True Classic
Look what a big brown truck dropped off at my doorstep yesterday.
20231011_124545.jpg
After much unpacking this emerged!
20231011_125830.jpg
This is the new Ansa muffler that a seller in PA. had listed for sale. Sadly for me the seller wouldn't ship it because it was too much work. :( Because I'm in Illinois it was too far (too much time, cost, and just trouble) for me to go to PA and pick it up. So, it remained unsold, and I didn't have the ANSA muffler I needed. :confused:
That is until a very gracious, and generous forum member volunteered to step up and help me out! :D It turns out that he lives in PA, and while he's a lot closer than I am, he drove a not insignificant distance to the seller, purchased the muffler for me, then returned home with it. Once home, he packed it (I think he may really enjoy using those packaging staple guns) and shipped it to me. All before I sent him a dime!!!
Now mind you I had never met this forum member before, our only contact has been though posts on this forum. That this person was willing to go though all that trouble just to help a fellow forum member speaks volumes for his character. What a wonderful person! While this forum is a great place to share knowledge and experiences, and also buy and sell stuff, it's an even better place to meet inspiring folks who just happen to share your love for one of Fiat's greatest products - the X1/9.
Who, you may be wondering is this outstanding character? It's none other than one of the forums greatest assists - Dan Sarandrea!
index.php

If you know Dan it's probably no surprise that he willingly helped me out. I'm very thankful for his help and would gladly nominate him for the HELPING HAND award - if there was one.
Thank you again Dan, I hope I can repay your kindness someday.

Anyone else have a similar story to share about how a fellow forum member went out of their way just to help out?

I had the pleasure of meeting Dan at a meet last year. Great guy who had no idea that I had used the majority of his old posts to rebuild my car!!

View attachment 78012
View attachment 78013
This is the new Ansa muffler that a seller in PA. had listed for sale. Sadly for me the seller wouldn't ship it because it was too much work. :( Because I'm in Illinois it was too far (too much time, cost, and just trouble) for me to go to PA and pick it up. So, it remained unsold, and I didn't have the ANSA muffler I needed. :confused:
That is until a very gracious, and generous forum member volunteered to step up and help me out! :D It turns out that he lives in PA, and while he's a lot closer than I am, he drove a not insignificant distance to the seller, purchased the muffler for me, then returned home with it. Once home, he packed it (I think he may really enjoy using those packaging staple guns) and shipped it to me. All before I sent him a dime!!!
Now mind you I had never met this forum member before, our only contact has been though posts on this forum. That this person was willing to go though all that trouble just to help a fellow forum member speaks volumes for his character. What a wonderful person! While this forum is a great place to share knowledge and experiences, and also buy and sell stuff, it's an even better place to meet inspiring folks who just happen to share your love for one of Fiat's greatest products - the X1/9.
Who, you may be wondering is this outstanding character? It's none other than one of the forums greatest assists - Dan Sarandrea!
index.php

If you know Dan it's probably no surprise that he willingly helped me out. I'm very thankful for his help and would gladly nominate him for the HELPING HAND award - if there was one.

Anyone else have a similar story to share about how a fellow forum member went out of their way just to help out?

Mike, thank you very much for those flatteringly kind words!

That huge gash taken out of the side of the box as it arrived at your location is why I tried my best to pack the exhaust so it would survive the trip. I just shake my head at the package shipping industry for creating a system that lets packages get mangled like that.

And GREAT idea about asking others about how forum members have helped---there are a LOT of those stories that deserve to be told.

View attachment 78012
View attachment 78013
index.php

massive garage envy here...

Mike, thank you very much for those flatteringly kind words!

That huge gash taken out of the side of the box as it arrived at your location is why I tried my best to pack the exhaust so it would survive the trip. I just shake my head at the package shipping industry for creating a system that lets packages get mangled like that.

And GREAT idea about asking others about how forum members have helped---there are a LOT of those stories that deserve to be told.
View attachment 78012
View attachment 78013
index.php

I have always sorta liked that guy. :)

Nice one Dan.

Back