The law of conservation of X1/9s

EricH

Eric Hamilton
8:45 AM: I'm helping load the gutted shell of the parts car into a trailer for that last long drive to the crusher. The total number of junked X1/9s in the neighborhood has been reduced by one. The neighbors rejoice (or at least express guarded optimism, for the count is still rather appallingly high).

11:15 AM: Another parts car, only a few minutes away, appears in FS&W.

3:15 PM: I'm promising to pick up the parts car as soon as I can organize a tow vehicle.:dunce:

Conservation

Hey Eric,

if that is a "law of conservation" then those cars that you are adopting should not be parts cars but rather restoration projects.

Cheers,
Dom.

8:45 AM: I'm helping load the gutted shell of the parts car into a trailer for that last long drive to the crusher. The total number of junked X1/9s in the neighborhood has been reduced by one. The neighbors rejoice (or at least express guarded optimism, for the count is still rather appallingly high).

11:15 AM: Another parts car, only a few minutes away, appears in FS&W.

3:15 PM: I'm promising to pick up the parts car as soon as I can organize a tow vehicle.:dunce:

The crusher

I've sent two X's to the crusher, one I regret, one I don't. The one I regret was an 85, completely stripped down to the body and in excellent condition, not a scratch or a ding anywhere. If I had it now I'd build a prototipo with a Honda engine. The other needed to go, frame rust beneath the spare, those always need to go because it's systemic when it gets that bad.

Last edited:
Continue driving your neighbors nuts!

Ha!

But I do believe we have an obligation to maintain each other's property values...

Back