The present & future of Mac - the personal

Status
Not open for further replies.

User1

RETIRED Admin, pm OFF
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2><TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 4px" vAlign=top colSpan=2>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]The present & future of Mac - the personal<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]August 15 2001 at 8:36 PM[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<SCRIPT language=Javascript> <!-- var n54_em; n54_em = ""; n54_em = n54_em + "m";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "@";n54_em = n54_em + "s";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "x";n54_em = n54_em + "1";n54_em = n54_em + "9";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "r";n54_em = n54_em + "g"; document.write("Mac"); // --> </SCRIPT>Mac <NOSCRIPT> Mac </NOSCRIPT> [/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom colSpan=3><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->
Friends, fellow enthusiasts, readers,

It would appear as though I have a great deal of explaining to do.

For those of you just wandering in, I am Mac. I am a long-time participant in the Xweb forums, among many equally noteworthy enthusiast presences on the web. At one point, many moons ago, I created SeattleX1/9 and these forums. These days I would much rather be looked upon (and perhaps am due to a staggering lack of involvement recently) as just another cool forum-going Xhead, but that's a different tale. I have been mostly offline for the past couple of months, and now I am in a position where I can steal 'net access from a friend more often, today my computer has come out of storage and soon it (and I) will be back online for real. So that's the brief history of Mac's corner of the universe in a nutshell.

Now, for those who know all that hooey already, I am sure glad you're all still here!
happy.gif
I apologize for my painfully infrequent presence on the forums over the past couple of months, and for so much wild confusion and speculation stemming from my brief appearances and fragmented statements. I am back now, to do my best to put the mess right.

We went offline 2 months ago. Holly and I quit our jobs in Olympia, she left school, we let the lease lapse on our house, and we sold very very cheaply (or mainly gave away altogether) nearly every material thing we owned - including her '74 X and my priceless (to me) '75 X and the sum total of all the X1/9 parts stash between us.

We severed all ties with our lives in that town and what few posessions we had left got put into rented storage - this included my computer, which contains all originals of the data and files pertinent to maintenance and upkeep of the SeaX and XANA websites, among many other key elements of the operation. We went offline and after years of hovering over this site like a damn protective hen, I was totally unplugged.

On top of all this, we literally went homeless for 2 months, living in a van with virtually nothing and NO money at all, scrounging the occasional shower or whatever aid from a handful of nearby friends with homes, and have just endured what may be one of the most difficult stretches of our lives. Why all the sacrifices? Why throw it all to the wind and fly? WHY?

Because we love Seattle.

That is not entirely honest. To be truthful, we did this all to save our souls. Seattle and what it represents to us just happened to be the perfect catalyst by which to make that happen.

It just shows how badly we wanted to be back where we felt that we belong. Not a small factor for yours truly is that SeattleX1/9, from which these forums and later XANA itself and all this which has come to pass have sprung, was founded in the fair city of Seattle. I have felt VERY strongly for a long time that getting myself back to Seattle would be the proverbial "first page in a new chapter" for SeattleX1/9, XANA and this website. After all, these organizations have always done best when I was in a situation where I could really pour all of my passion and attention into them, and where we were living this had simply become impossible.

How on Earth will I ever restore the kind of dedication (and ACTION) I once radiated into these pursuits if I am stuck living in a place that makes my soul ache? How can I do anything of any substance at all to fuel these organizations when my spirit is full of sorrow? The short answer is that I can't. That meant one thing to me: I have to get back to a place where I know I can feel happy, fulfilled, energized, truly myself. So, upon that realization, we threw caution to the wind (like so many Fiat parts) and WE DID IT, screw the "sacrifices", screw the "cost" - because if we don't rise up and make that change for ourselves, we will surely lose far more than some prized posessions.

Well now we are here, Seattle, our HOME, and we have found a home! It is humble and small, and it is just what we want! All that is X (besides some nicknacks and papers) that has weathered the storm for me is my beloved '80 X, which is now dented, rusty, filthy and resting confortably in the alley as we speak. Holly has found a new job (the best she's ever had and the best $ she's made too). The employment search for me has not been so kind, however, new developments are now indicating that a payoff may be near for me too. We are re-establishing the basic elements of "a life" here in Seattle and GOD are we feeling good about it!

The best news of all to me, in terms of the organizations, is that I am finally at a place in my life where I can actually SEE the point on the horizon where I will again be set to fully unleash my passion and drive on you all once again HAHA!!

We are now sharing a large house with a couple of truly incredible friends, and with each passing day we are renewing old friendships and establishing new ones here in Seattle. I dare not reveal too much, but let's just say that our team is developing some truly powerful allies right now! Good things are coming for SeaX, XANA, and this whole disorganized website! Damn those dark clouds are finally no match for us. The good times are comin' - you may not see any changes today, or tomorrow, or even next week, but WHOO MAN it just electrifies me to think of all the things that soon shall be revealed!

We're BACK and we are primed to kick some overdue ass! Look out world ... -Mac.

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial] [/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]
closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Author[/FONT]</TD><TD>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Reply[/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Jeff Zucker[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Welcome back Mac and an apology...<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]August 15 2001, 9:47 PM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->...I am sorry about our disagreement/misunderstanding just before you went offline. I fully support your work here and you did not insult me in any way. The fastest X ever is now in production and I plan to use this forum to show it's development to this tight-knit community of people. Welcome back and I look forward to your insightful posts.

Jeff<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial] [/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]
closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<SCRIPT language=Javascript> <!-- var n54_em; n54_em = ""; n54_em = n54_em + "m";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "@";n54_em = n54_em + "s";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "x";n54_em = n54_em + "1";n54_em = n54_em + "9";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "r";n54_em = n54_em + "g"; document.write("Mac"); // --> </SCRIPT>Mac <NOSCRIPT> Mac </NOSCRIPT>[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 30px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->that misunderstanding was all mine my friend, water under the bridge <nt><!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]August 15 2001, 11:35 PM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 30px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->...<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial] [/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]
closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Herzel[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Welcome back and all the best<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]August 16 2001, 12:25 PM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->

closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<SCRIPT language=Javascript> <!-- var n54_em; n54_em = ""; n54_em = n54_em + "m";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "@";n54_em = n54_em + "s";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "x";n54_em = n54_em + "1";n54_em = n54_em + "9";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "r";n54_em = n54_em + "g"; document.write("Mac"); // --> </SCRIPT>Mac <NOSCRIPT> Mac </NOSCRIPT>[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 30px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Thanks Herzel<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]August 16 2001, 12:30 PM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 30px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->
I think of you often my friend
happy.gif
Peace, -Mac.

closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Brad[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Welcome back, Mac & Holly...<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]August 16 2001, 8:41 PM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->and it sounds like things are turning around for you. That makes all of us happy!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

closeThread.gif
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 30px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->thank you and yes we are ready to rock & rumble!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]August 17 2001, 10:58 AM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 30px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->You all haven't even heard but the tip of the iceburg!!

This miserable experience has been going on EVER SINCE WE LEFT SEATTLE THE LAST TIME, and that was in the summer of '99!!

That was just one year after SeattleX1/9 was founded! The whole of what has since evolved on this site has taken place side by side with events such as my searching for, getting and being laid off from 3 jobs, moving 3 times, watching my father die of cancer, spending 6 grueling months saving his estate from liquidation and then swiftly being evicted from it by my step mom, losing my '75 X, earning 2 ATA degrees and watching Holly go through the most tremendous train wreck of a fight with the local college, the list STILL goes on and all in just the LAST 2 YEARS!

SOME wonder why sh*t ain't getting done "fast enough" around here? I would suggest just a little more patience, Rome was not built in a week. You know who you are that I am speaking to here. [text cut]

We are back in Seattle and back on the map. Everybody fasten your seat belts and grab the "oh-sh*t" handles with both hands! Your Pilot is starting the engines... -Mac.

<TABLE style="BORDER-TOP-STYLE: groove; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: groove; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: groove; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: groove" cellPadding=4 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]This message has been edited by seattlex19 on Aug 19, 2001 11:47 PM
This message has been edited by seattlex19 on Aug 19, 2001 11:45 PM
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<SCRIPT language=Javascript> <!-- var n54_em; n54_em = ""; n54_em = n54_em + "k";n54_em = n54_em + "1";n54_em = n54_em + "0";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "2";n54_em = n54_em + "0";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "5";n54_em = n54_em + "0";n54_em = n54_em + "0";n54_em = n54_em + "@";n54_em = n54_em + "w";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "b";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "v";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "n";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "t"; document.write("Denis"); // --> </SCRIPT>Denis <NOSCRIPT> Denis </NOSCRIPT>[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 45px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->I LOVE that attitude!!!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]August 17 2001, 12:11 PM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 45px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->ANYthing is possible. But, please, Mac....pace yourself. This IS hobby stuff, and people do burn out. What was it Greenspan said?..."unreasonable exuberance?" (He doesn't drive an X)<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Doc[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 60px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->*laugh*<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]August 17 2001, 1:11 PM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 60px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Denis-

Your comment brings to mind the old Kingfish (featuring Bob Weir of the Grateful Dead) album. It had a song on it called "Lazy Lightning", which contained the line "It's an obsession but it's pleasin'"

happy.gif

Doc<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back