Thinning the herd

Denise Burchette

True Classic
Matt Brannon was kind enough to stop by on his way home from Atlanta, and pick up three more of my yard ornaments. One was the Devil X, who actually got driven onto the trailer. I was sad to see him go, but I know he'll be used to keep other cars on the road. Thanks Matt!
IM000075.JPG

IM000074.JPG

Now I'm only down to two. The silver X I recently bought to replace the Devil X and the SCCA racer I recently picked up from Paul Spicuzza:
IM000037.JPG

Cool...

It's always part sadness (to see them go) and part relief (to see them go). I like the flag and stuff.

I've collected project cars only to "never get to it" and later send them on to someone else's yard. Always a bittersweet moment.

My beautiful flag was a gift from Todd Rosenthal and his clan. Wasn't that such an awesome gesture? I'll be proudly displaying my flag at my next Fiat event.:)

hmmm

seeing the racing trailer brings to my mind a thought.

Wonder when we're gonna see FIAT plastered across the hood of one of them Dodge Nascars :hmm:

Guess the little Devil has a new home..

I'm guessing the Silver X will be a driver and there is now a "race car" X in your life on top of the 124 Spyder race car???

That is quite a heard..of FIATs!

Bernice

Matt Brannon was kind enough to stop by on his way home from Atlanta, and pick up three more of my yard ornaments. One was the Devil X, who actually got driven onto the trailer. I was sad to see him go, but I know he'll be used to keep other cars on the road. Thanks Matt!

Now I'm only down to two. The silver X I recently bought to replace the Devil X and the SCCA racer I recently picked up from Paul Spicuzza:

The Spider project has been ditched. Since we were able to find a complete car race ready for such a great price, we won't be building the other car.

It was an SVRA racer

I was building it to run at VIR mainly. Instead of working on it, we'll be concentrating on getting an engine ready for the H-Prod X19 and getting me some seat time. We are, however, working on a Lemons Spider for the September race in South Carolina. Should be fun!
If you know anyone that needs some 1756 race engine bits and pieces, give me a holler. I have a bunch of Guy Croft goodies that I'll probably have to sell off now.

A 124 spyder at LeMons would be a rarity..just like the X1/9.

LeMons racing is fun and quite different from the typical race car scene. Post the details of your team and we will be cheering ya on..

And, running a X1/9 in H production? This will be interesting..

I was building it to run at VIR mainly. Instead of working on it, we'll be concentrating on getting an engine ready for the H-Prod X19 and getting me some seat time. We are, however, working on a Lemons Spider for the September race in South Carolina. Should be fun!
If you know anyone that needs some 1756 race engine bits and pieces, give me a holler. I have a bunch of Guy Croft goodies that I'll probably have to sell off now.

The flag looks great, but unmoved

The flag pole is designed to fit in the rear trunk on the X1/9. Just remember a sledge hammer when you go to shows.

Enjoy the flag, I enjoyed the event.

Thanks for the help on editing. The title is fixed.

Editing a title - "Go Advanced"

Todd,

When you edit a post, you should see an "Go Advanced" button. Click it and I believe the title can be fixed.

As a test, I edited this post's title and added " - Go Advanced". Seems to work.

Fiat and racing over here

Rumor has it that FIAT will be an engine supplier for the IRL along with VW and Toyota.

Warren

Back