This is what Evapo-Rust does....

I like it too

evaporust_0.jpg

I used it a lot working on cleaning up the 1500 I put into the 78. I forgot to take "before" pics, so in this after pic I included untreated representative of the starting condition. I will say that you have to soak parts longer than the label claims.

I bought 5 gallons, but

I don't like waiting, so I use the phosphate first, then the evapo-rust as a finisher / nutralizer. :)

Hiya Lez........!!

....wish you could have seen it earlier. I LIKE this product !........

Evaporust!! Is there a manufacturer's name on the container? Would like to have a look down here for that product! Sounds/looks great! :clap:

cheers, Ian - NZ

the downside

The downside is it will strip the cad plating of bolts, etc if you forget about it leave the parts in the bath too long. (ie a day or so)

HF

I got my jug at Harbor Freight. Make sure to take a 20% off coupon with you. ;)

Supply

Hi Greg,

Telephoned into O'Reillys proved to be better pricing than HF.

lezesig
'72 850Sp

Yes, Manufactured by......

Ian,

....Harris International Laboratories. Evapo-Rust has web presence too.

Can't find the saturation point on this stuff. It keeps working almost as potent with what seems like 80 percent dissolved solids. Still works. Albeit a bit murky at that point.

Took me ten minutes to find this original thread and even then I ultimately had to use the SEARCH function. I dislike this newest version of XWeb. Maybe there is some way to revert to legacy view...dunno :)

lezesig
'72 850Sp

Thanks Lez.....!

.....Ian,
....Harris International Laboratories. Evapo-Rust has web presence too.

.......your recommendation is good enough for me! :clap:
I'll sniff around down here to see if I can locate the stuff!

cheers, Ian - NZ

Back