TimeX in the 2009 Holiday Parade...

After a year of replacing a starter and a rebuilt engine and all sorts of overheating issues, and deciding if I was gonna pull the TimeX in the parade, I decided to drive it.

The video footage was filmed for cable TV and will air in a week or two. I will edit that and YouTube it.

In my next post I will put the video we shot after the parade at my shop, my idea was to show the TimeX as it was at the VERY END of the first movie.

Can you guess what I did? It actually amazed me that I was actually able to do it. I don't think It has ever been done, at least at an amateur level...

Vinnie "Doc Brown" Tee
TimeX

Last edited:
Yes the TimeX is now a HoverX

This is some footage after the parade....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7j6uDa5lsU&feature=email"]YouTube- Time Car Test Drive as a HoverCraft Fiat[/ame]

Vinnie you're amazing!

Love the work. I notice you can see where you're going now... :nod:
Do these gadgets affect your turning radius?
The lights are right. Nice effect! +++ A +++

Thanks Bob...

The tires are covered with enough space to turn to the max. The goal was always to DRIVE the car with the tires sideways. All done with SMOKE AND MIRRORS...(Or Fog and mylar)

I will be sendung you the Time Circuits next. I had to get this project out of the way.

Thanks for all your help on my car.

Vinnie

The Doc Brown costume....

that's after a 4 hour prep and wait time, 1 90 minute parade, 1 hour teardown period. Doc was looking a bit "chickeny" afetr all that.

And the TimeX? Survived the whoe thing.

Next year? Bigger and better, building upon the theme.

hate to suggest it but....

how about hydraulics to lower it to the ground when not "hovering"

Odie

Next year it will REALLY FLOAT

I am looking into the low rider type stuff. Didn't think of that earlier, but I have a year to plan, design, and when those people on the sidewalk yell agin at me to fly....LOOK OUT.!

Any input from the Peanut Gallery is welcome...

Vinnie... I'm speechless!

What a great idea...

(So... all your overheating problems are solved?)

I thought you were gonna say you just teleported it into the future... and the future was the "end of the parade"!

A great complement....

from you, Tony, that you were speechless. I didn't think I could pull it off. Next year even better. It was a BLAST to drive like that, and the spectators ate it up.

Even more amazing was the parade drive lasted an hour and a half. Temp stayed in the middle the whole time. I imagine the fans were com9ng on, I couldn't hear with all the noise of the parade and marching bands.

I was gonna pull it? Great Scott!

Overheating issues solved...

The radiator was pulled, cleaned, sealed. It had "MOISTURE" at the top. It never trickled down in sight.

After that the temp gauge was in da middle.

That's what they told me....

There must have been a SLIGHT leak at the top, if it trickled down, it evaporated before I could see it under the car.

And it had to be enough to screw me all up.

So, what time period you want me to pick you up and drive back to?

HAHAHA...

I dunno... I never gave a thought to what time and place in my past would be a perfect place to be.

I bet my WIFE has a few PERFECT answers... but if I had to pick ONE, it would be difficult. HA!

As to the leak... YES, what they said does indeed occur. I just didn't understand it in the context of what you wrote. Usually, a good HIGH pressure, Pressure Test will reveal these kinds of problems though... as the indicted pressure will eventually go down and the coolant being cool, does not evaporate and show its ugly face!

Congrats on all counts again...

Back