Tin Soldiers and Nixon coming were finally on our own.. way to go O’ Ohio !

abarth2litre

1800CC SOHC X1/9
[FONT=&quot]Working on our X until 7:30 the night before the Bayless weekend bash ! My son and I were looking forward to meeting the folks at Midwest Bayless to see if they were as friendly in person as they were on the phone. Well, the answer was a resounding..YES! Meeting Tom , Matt and Marnie plus the crew was an extremely enjoyable experience. We pulled into the Steak and Lube Saturday night after towing the X for more miles then we wanted to count . We were greeted by Matt and got to meet everyone else. After slinging brews and swapping Fiat, Abarth and Ferrari stories, a good time was had by all. Following the meal the thoughtfulness of Bayless was in full view when [/FONT][FONT=&quot]to help us sleep [/FONT][FONT=&quot]better [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Matt and Tom offered to open the “shop” to put our newly completed X inside, . Wow! Talk about hospitality! Arriving in the dark we unloaded as Tom opened the door to the 20,000 sq ft full Fiat high performance facility . Wow! What a place! Cars all over some completed some stripped down others being assembled. There was a rebuild area and a parts storage side. We looked forward to a tour the next day. Sunday morning started with Tom at the shop preparing all the race cars with our gracious host and hostess Matt and the lovely Marnie greeting us and telling all the history and setup of the shop. As cars pulled in the crowd built, Tom, Matt and Marnie spent the day greeting, answering questions and giving pleasant informative tours of the resourceful facility. Watching the three of them treat every new arrival as though they were the first to arrive it became clear to me that these people are a class act. Tom made sure everyone had what they needed, Matt answered every question the owners had and Marnie gave tour after tour. I came away with a feeling that Midwest Bayless treats everyone of their customers as if they were the only customer and the customer car as if it were their own. I enjoy doing business with people that have honesty, integrity and character and in my opinion Midwest Bayless has that and more.[/FONT]

GEDC0366.jpg

It was great meeting you and your son!
Great stories, loved the old pictures.
Your X is beautifull....
Hope you had a safe and uneventful trip home.

Thanks it was nice to meet you
yep it was fun
Thanks we worked hard and long on the X
Ride home was ...long
but well worth it
especially since Matt and I did some good swapin
and we got a seat! in which the savings over the repair cost helped pay for the gas!

Back