"Tipo" cylinder heads from China

Grandpa Jones

Daily Driver
Hello all,

There are a few U.S. eBay listings for bare heads in the 200-300 range.

Has anyone imported one to the U.S.? I see Midwest Bayless stocks the intake valves.

Cheers, Dave

I believe Steve (FiatFactory) was building these up at one point.

Hussien (Lookforjoe) had one on his last X engine he built up.

There was some discussion on these heads several years ago. As @kmead said, Steve C imported some to Australia and was modifying them for use on the X engines. Unfortunately I don't have any links to those older discussions.

Out of the box it can flow more than a ported X type head from what Steve was stating.

I would be interested in one, I will have a look.

Thanks

I recall they were available on AliExpress for a couple hundred dollars, shipped. But that was a few years ago.

I remember the thermostat housing area is different, requiring a custom adaptor to mount our housing on that head. And I believe it uses different valves and related hardware, which are readily available. Otherwise wasn't it a direct fit?

I got mine about 8 years ago (I got two, just in case my porting cut trough to a water jacket). It worked out very well. Several years later I had someone contact me as they had bought one and found that the valve seats were extremely soft. I sold them my extra one.

My advice is to be careful of your source, as there was a range in quality.

They are a 14 bolt head. I got a matching block. I made an adapter for the thermostat housing and heater return hose.

Attachments

• DSC_0285.jpg
    DSC_0285.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC_0286.jpg
    DSC_0286.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 59
I got mine about 8 years ago (I got two, just in case my porting cut trough to a water jacket). It worked out very well. Several years later I had someone contact me as they had bought one and found that the valve seats were extremely soft. I sold them my extra one.

My advice is to be careful of your source, as there was a range in quality.

They are a 14 bolt head. I got a matching block. I made an adapter for the thermostat housing and heater return hose.
Thanks Paul, useful info.

Cheers, Dave

Back