To a new owner...

fastx19

Administrator
I simply was not going to have enough time to fix the 128 I pulled out of a field last year. So, here is a picture of it heading off to a new life with a new owner.

Fun facts. Pulled it out of the field last year after sitting for over 15 years, put in some gas and after a bit of coaxing with starting fluid, it fired right up and ran. I drove it about 1/2 a mile to the truck and trailer for shipping. I don't know of any other car capable of that.

Best of luck to the new owner, who I hope will chip in and give us an idea of what they are up to.

:(

Shoot, didn't know it was for sale. Dr. Wifey needs something with FWD. I hope the new owner is not a stranger!

And that new owner its me!!...car is on its way to north Texas and will be here between Thurs or Friday.
Its been a long search for one and after turning down couple of of opportunities in the last 6yrs due to job layoffs decided this was not going to be the case this time.
Thanks a lot Eric for helping me (way too much!!) making this happen. Definately not possible without his noble heart and true gentleman standings.I owe you big time!!
So yes Greg,its staying in the Xweb family for the long run.:):nod:

That´s great, Albert. I hope you enjoy your new 128 for years to come. I know 128´s have always had a special place in your heart. My first car ever was a 1974 128 SL ! Felicitaciones amigo!

So what are the plans Albert???

Nice 2 door. You need to find some early chrome bumpers/grille!

SteveC

Well,....first im gonna check everything mechanical as car has seated for 15yrs.Eric already changed the timing belt,so ill be doing compression test,check for oil leaks,flushing the cooling system and changing all hoses related to it.Refreshing the braking system as well as changing all fluids,hoses and a engine tune up etc.Check on the carb as it may need to be rebuild.
After that and making it a reliable driver then the fun begins;
1)lowering the suspension
2)fitting a set CD30`s on with 185/60-13's
3)install the better 4-2-1 exhaust manifold that I have
4)get a better carb
5)change to electronic ignition
6)maybe a hotter CAM!!....lol
7)get front factory seats or buy racing buckets
Cosmetically buff the paint and yes,some chrome bumpers!! I have a set of FAZA flares(round ones) but still not sure if to fit them.
All in all try to make it a hot street reliable car.Pair of big round aux driving lights maybe paint the hood and trunk matte black to give it that rallye competition look.
Steve ive been reading your 1300 build thread...so getting ideas already!!.....:nod:

Last edited:
Well,....first im gonna check everything mechanical as car has seated for 15yrs.Eric already changed the timing belt,so ill be doing compression test,check for oil leaks,flushing the cooling system and changing all hoses related to it.Refreshing the braking system as well as changing all fluids,hoses and a engine tune up etc.Check on the carb as it may need to be rebuild.
After that and making it a reliable driver then the fun begins;
1)lowering the suspension
2)fitting a set CD30`s on with 185/60-13's
3)install the better 4-2-1 exhaust manifold that I have
4)get a better carb
5)change to electronic ignition
6)maybe a hotter car
7)get front factory seats or buy racing buckets
Cosmetically buff the paint and yes,some chrome bumpers!! I have a set of FAZA flares(round ones) but still not sure if to fit them.
All in all try to make it a hot street reliable car.Pair of big round aux driving lights maybe paint the hood and trunk matte black to give it that rallye competition look.
Steve ive been reading your 1300 build thread...so getting ideas already!!.....:nod:

I also have access to a 1500 but im undecided so lets see how it goes!!

Congrats Albert, thats a nice looking car and the 2 door gives you so many "Rally" opportunities as you're already thinking.

I think I have Fiat flu...Its hard to stop spending $$ but so much fun!:eyepop:

Cant wait to see progress reports/pics

Congrats Albert, thats a nice looking car and the 2 door gives you so many "Rally" opportunities as you're already thinking.

I think I have Fiat flu...Its hard to stop spending $$ but so much fun!:eyepop:

Cant wait to see progress reports/pics

Thanks George....and seems im gonna have to give it another try at posting pics....lol

Here is where I found it...

Thought this might be interesting...

This is what it looked like when we pulled the blue tarp off of it. It had sat in this place for the past 15 years. My original intent was to get the windshield, but when I saw how perfect it was, no dents, all original, I had to save the whole thing.

This was two years ago. Since then, it has sat inside, had the carpet cleaned, test polished a section on the passengers door, and replaced timing belt. Points, plugs, everything else is original.

I simply have too many projects and I hate for this to sit in my garage doing nothing.

Albert, let me know when it arrives!

Thought this might be interesting...

This is what it looked like when we pulled the blue tarp off of it. It had sat in this place for the past 15 years. My original intent was to get the windshield, but when I saw how perfect it was, no dents, all original, I had to save the whole thing.

This was two years ago. Since then, it has sat inside, had the carpet cleaned, test polished a section on the passengers door, and replaced timing belt. Points, plugs, everything else is original.

I simply have too many projects and I hate for this to sit in my garage doing nothing.

Albert, let me know when it arrives!

Will do Eric....driver said probably tomorrow Thursday so im expecting him to call anytime today.I hope!!

Will do Eric....driver said probably tomorrow Thursday so im expecting him to call anytime today.I hope!!

Albert - I have a "later?" style grille sitting in my shed if your interested. The one pictured on the right.

128_grilles.JPG

Albert - I have a "later?" style grille sitting in my shed if your interested. The one pictured on the right.

128_grilles.JPG

Thanks for the offer Tim but car is coming with one just like that.I just need to mount it.
So what happened to the one on the left?...hmmmm....lol

Car made it safe and sound to Texas!!...im a happy camper!!. Haven't sat or drive on one in many many yrs, probably 30-33yrs to be more accurate...lol, and it still feels good!!!..Car started on the 3rd try and warmed up like in 45secs....after that took it for spin to up to 25mph and for been what it is,it drives really good.:nod::)......needs brake work for sure...lol
Now its time to start working on it.
THANKS ERIC!!.....and check your pm's as already have some questions.....Wohooo!!

Back