TO bearing question

DTohill

80 X1/9 Carb
I took my X out for a drive about 2 weeks ago. I then started to hear a grinding noice when ever I pushed in the clutch. I figured it was the TO bearing since I had to put the old one back in when I did the clutch last time. So, I ordered a new clutch kit. When I got it. It came with a different TO bearing. It doesnt look anything like my old one.

Is there a newer version I dont know about or should I just try to find one like my old one.
102_1125.jpg

102_1126.jpg

I took my X out for a drive about 2 weeks ago. I then started to hear a grinding noice when ever I pushed in the clutch. I figured it was the TO bearing since I had to put the old one back in when I did the clutch last time. So, I ordered a new clutch kit. When I got it. It came with a different TO bearing. It doesnt look anything like my old one.

Is there a newer version I dont know about or should I just try to find one like my old one.
102_1125.jpg

102_1126.jpg

Release bearing designs have changed lots over the years. Sometimes for increased reliability, sometimes to save a few bucks.
I would use it.

Dan... I've used BOTH types over the years...

... and never had a failure.

I can't say which one is better, both fit and worked flawlessly.

Back