Top-end Rebuild Complete (with pics)

allansieben

X1/9 Time
Here are some pics of my Scorpion head rebuild. (does anyone mind me posting Scorpion stuff BTW? I still have my X1/9)

After a good month of parts sourcing, scheduling, and anticipation, I'm happy to say that all went well with the rebuild!

Many thanks go to my good friend Bernie Hamm (AKA: The Doctor) for masterminding the whole process and spending 25+ hours on making the Lancia engine what it is today! here is all that was done:

Head shaved / valve and seat grind with valves lapped and polished / Intake and exhaust ports were honed and polished (ported) / cam pulleys were drilled / all new gaskets (duh)/ new paint on engine components / cam covers and air filter covers powder coated / rebuilt starter motor/ relocation of voltage regulator / new twin 40 DCNF Webers plus Alquati intake manifold added...and the intake cam pulley was advanced by one tooth, and the exhaust pulley retarded by one tooth. The result? WOW!!! This cars pulls almost as good as my BMW 330i!!! ALMOST! OK maybe a little embelished, but what a huge difference! I can't believe its the same car! My friend Bernie did what he said he was going to do. No interference whatsoever! My Scorpion now accelerates the way it looks! I am very happy with the results! Always trust your doctor!

Allan

Wow......

No we don't mind you post your Scorpion pictures and stories (well at least I dont mind) . Your Doc took great care and the attention to detail is amazing. It appears to you have a "brand" new Italian car. I am looking forward to when I get to post about my new Italian cutie!
Da Joosta

Allan... thanks for sharing...

... these great fotos and continued success.

I'll let ya know when yur not wanted here... so you need not ask again!

HA!

Looks fantastic!!!!

I wish my Scorpion engine bay was a tenth that clean. One of these days....

Thanks for posting!

Pete

Beautiful job

Allan, what paint did you use for the transmission and engine.
I'm rebuilding mine and hope it looks as nice as yours.
George:)

Back