Trunk parts

Fiatpwr

True Classic
I am looking for the access panel that separates the trunk from the Engine bay. The rectangular fan tube attaches to it.

I am also looking for the ribbed trunk floor removed from a parts car.

If you cant get one from your side of the pond I have a rust free one from a ~Uk car that does not have the fan attachment, guess it could be modified.
Price would be £45 inlcuding shipping which is about $65.

If you can't find a trunk floor...

you can make a trunk floor pretty easily from sheet steel.

7511240440_52205c7ef9_z.jpg

More info.

The access panel & insulation pad on the junkyard car I mentioned were in very good shape; the panel had a single 1/2"x1/4" rust bubble on the lower edge, otherwise perfect.

The ribbed floor panel was in good unrusty condition (which was a surprise). You are right, removing it from the junkyard car would be tricky (with no power/air tools available), but it could be done by hand (via my tried & true hammer & chisel/putty knife method). The only thing I'd need to know is where to strategically cut the metal in order to get what you want/can use & still not be too complicated for me to do. Double-layer metal is ok as long as I have good (hitting) access from above or below. Frame rails take a little longer. Removing a slightly larger-than-needed section that can be trimmed down later (ie: in a shop) is an option, as well. I'm free Sunday, & the junkyard car should still be there then. LMNO. :wink2:

panels

I have two types.One with the air inlet and one that is plain. both bolt in. For the floor, the early models had a panel that screwed down to cover the floor panel. It had some insulation on to cut down on exaust heat. Musta been the 75 first year with a (gag) converter.
POR-15 will fix the rust you have now.

Back