Two X1/9s outstanding in their field! Tulsa area. - CL listing

1972!
Wow, pre production cars by a lot of years!
It was obviously shipped in from Italy as a special order Chris. ;)

You know, there was a European Fiat 500 circulating in the US in 2010 prior to the official US launch in 2012. It's possible. :)
x19_500_jimd_rudy.jpg
Here it is in Memphis when Rudy was passing thru on the way to Knoxville. Note the Euro plate and RHD.

True. I would make the drive to strip most of the mechanicals on the 1.5 liter. I doubt there is anything good panel or interior wise.

It was obviously shipped in from Italy as a special order Chris. ;)

You know, there was a European Fiat 500 circulating in the US in 2010 prior to the official US launch in 2012. It's possible. :)
View attachment 30033
Here it is in Memphis when Rudy was passing thru on the way to Knoxville. Note the Euro plate and RHD.

Yes, I serviced the car when it was passing thru Santa Cruz. We took lots of "local" pictures that I am sure Jim still has. It was quite a hit.
It's good to see the torch remembered, in the picture. I lost touch with it soon afterwards. Not sure where it is today, as things here have changed.

"move on here, folks, nothing to see, keep moving". I like the fact that he has the titles to these junk yard cars.
If you live nearby then a junk yard report would be helpful to others.

Back