Two X's 83 and a 79

jeepfarmer

Daily Driver
If anyone happens to be in the Harrison Arkansas area, I'm thinking of down sizing. The 83 runs but will need engine work, rings are shot. The 79 has motor out, but I have motor/transaxle. Both are definite projects. Have parts twins for each. Drop by and make offer.
(will post pics as soon as I figure how)
http://imageshack.com/a/img856/7379/bopa.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img850/5237/nv9g.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img841/7164/48je.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img834/4461/o3mal.jpg

Now that I have the photo thing figured out. If you want/need pics of particular areas let me know.

Last edited:
Pic Post

The pics have to be posted to somewhere on the internet, and then you use the forum tools to link to them.

The forum itself does not store and serve up the pix.

Lots of folks seem to use imageshack.com and photobucket.com

I am supposed to ignore the Dallara????

C'mon jeep

What's with the tease of the race car sitting over to the right? I will be right there for that one. Go stand by your mailbox. :)

Almost!

"...Now that I have the photo thing figured out."

Almost!

Once you get them up on a pic host (like you have them at imageshack), then you use the forum image tool.

In the icons you see above where you type when making a new post or making a reply to an existing post, look for the "yellow square" which is supposed to be a representation of a landscape (mountains).

When you click on that yellow square, you get a little pop up that has a place to receive a cut and past of the link info.

For example, when I paste in the links you put into your post, this is what it shows:
bopa.jpg

nv9g.jpg

48je.jpg

o3mal.jpg

Or you could use the imageshack uploader that appears below the reply text entry box in the Additional Options section.

I think I put note with my phone number on the rusty two tone several months ago. I am Emailing you to set up a time to come look at them. I am just 40 miles away.

fiats

arrrgh
he found before me and lives closer double arrrgh.
looks similar to the dallara flairs (red one).
looks more like the radbourne setup from England that soper drove.
if things fall through with your neighbor snatching it up please let me know!!
mikemo90*aol.com

What's the story on the Opel GT?
My first love you know.
The X is a much better car in every conceivable way, but the Opel was my first "love".

Last edited:
arrrgh
he found before me and lives closer double arrrgh.
looks similar to the dallara flairs (red one).
looks more like the radbourne setup from England that soper drove.
if things fall through with your neighbor snatching it up please let me know!!
mikemo90*aol.com
Don't give up so fast Mikemo. I am going over to look this Saturday. The key word is look. You would be doing me a favor if you or JimD bought them out from under me. I spent the whole day getting the trans I have been working on ready to hook up to my new motor and my tail is dragging. These cars look like work so I am going slow on this one so stay tuned.

The paint on the Opel looks chalky enough to be either the original red paint with no shine left whatsoever, or red primer.

In the pic with the green/brown Suburban in the background.

The paint on the Opel looks chalky enough to be either the original red paint with no shine left whatsoever, or red primer.

In the pic with the green/brown Suburban in the background.

Yep, original oxidized finish I'd guess. Just in love with that sexy Opel GT body since I was about 8. I remember the day I saw one on the curb as my dad dropped me off for 3rd grade class. That would have been '77. I will get another some day, if there are any left to be had by then.
modelpicture.php

Yep, original oxidized finish I'd guess. Just in love with that sexy Opel GT body since I was about 8. I remember the day I saw one on the curb as my dad dropped me off for 3rd grade class. That would have been '77. I will get another some day, if there are any left to be had by then.
modelpicture.php
I talked to Jeepfarmer and he confirmed the red one is an Opal. I have never even ridden in one but they always look cool to me. Just what I need is another vehicle with nearly nonexistent hard to find parts.

I jumped the gun on the racer

Don't give up so fast Mikemo. I am going over to look this Saturday. The key word is look. You would be doing me a favor if you or JimD bought them out from under me. I spent the whole day getting the trans I have been working on ready to hook up to my new motor and my tail is dragging. These cars look like work so I am going slow on this one so stay tuned.

I talked to jeep too and it turns out the racer on the end was "in the picture" but not one of the cars offered for sale. Sounds like a great father/son project in the works, so I wasn't too sad. Just a little. ;)

the cars

The Opels are both 72's one is a GT in sad shape the other is a Manta A. I need to make a plan, stick with the plan. I have tooooo many projects going at once. The "garage" contains a total of 6 x's and my two Opels. Yes the opel gt is my first and strongest love, had a couple when I lived in Germany and a few here, so now I am trying to introduce my son to the finer side of cars. Bilt not bought.

I went and looked at the X19s

They were X19s alright. A lot of potential work setting there. Floor pans pretty much gone plus a lot of the slow fire coming through from the inside in many of the usual places. One windshield had a BB gun divot right about drivers eye level. I didn't look real close at the other windshield but there was no big spot that called out. I gave what I thought was a low offer and got no response. On the way home my wife and I talked about it and I was glad I was not taken up on the offer as I started thinking the offer was a little high for what I would have gotten. Maybe some of you younger guys have the energy it will take to get either of these cars road worthy.

Love those Opal GTs too

Any of the old 2 seat-er sports cars are cool :thumbsup: but the Opal GT was my first love too. I've never seen one running. They've always been parked somewhere waiting to be sold or restored. I'd also never seen an X1/9 until 1991 and bought the first one(two) I saw for $500 BOGO.

My GT ran pretty good. Until the day a distracted driver took it out (and almost me too). It was hot as heck in the summer, small enclosed cabin, didn't really handle all that great (not bad, just not great) certainly wasn't fast. It was just cool. Bit hard to work on in some respects.
opelbeforeafter.jpg

Back