Update announcement - new strut mounts

Mark Plaia

True Classic
I am putting this in the discussion forum because these are not available yet. But the news is good.

We just evaluated the 2nd round prototypes of the new manufacture strut mounts and found them to be everything we want.

Here are photos of the prototype:
DSCN5075.jpg

DSCN5077.jpg

(Don't worry about the notch - that was for me to get thickness measurement.)
This part was designed with all the best features of all the strut mounts we could lay our hands on. The metal is heavy for durability and the rubber is as stiff or stiffer than the early mounts. These should not deform off center, like the ones that have been available for the past few years do. The studs extend 16mm from the top plate.

Price has not been determined yet. I say again, price has not been determined yet. The order has been placed and the parts should be available in about a month.

There will be a special kick-off sale when the parts become available.

Ciao,

Thanks for the update...

I hope the studs are long enough to work with your doubler plates (and accept the black plastic stud covers on later models). :whistle:

Count me in

Price has not been determined yet. I say again, price has not been determined yet. The order has been placed and the parts should be available in about a month.

There will be a special kick-off sale when the parts become available.

Ciao,

Although... for some reason I get the feeling the price has not been determined yet. I don't know what it is... must be my "Spidey sense". ;)

Great news, Mark

And at this price I'll take 4 of them......
I'm holding my breath.

They look great,,

I'll need 4 of those , mine are in bad shape. My towers are totally solid, but I wonder if perhaps they might have rounded out over the years and might not be flat. I measured a stud on a 1974 and it is 13mm above the plate that the rubber is in. Mark, is the 16mm above the tower plate or the plate in rubber.

Thanks,,, can't wait to get them,

Hmm, about a month you say...

It's June 3 today, Fiat Freak Out starts in almost exactly a month! Coincidence? I think not! Seriously, if these are ready, and available in time for FFO, I'll bet you could sell a bunch of them. Oh, and put me down for 4.

Dave

Last edited:
Interested in a set of 4 with

LONGER studs. (I have the Plaia plates as well)
Had ta glue the little black covers on the top of the studs, but don't tell Mr. Natoli! :shock:

Yes! That a great news

Thanks Mark for the follow up.

Many X peoples hurray that top strut mounts.
And Yes I will need four:excited:

Everybody's a comedian!....

:grin:
Price has not been determined yet because of things like exchange rates and shipping and stuff like that.

C. Obert & Co. had to buy a *bunch* of these, so there will be an initial sale at a good price to move some inventory and recoup some of the development costs.

Ciao,

Not that i dislike the negative camber, but it is excessive,, I would need a set for the front minimally but if they will be available ill take all 4.

Back