Update on camber plates

Status
Not open for further replies.

User1

RETIRED Admin, pm OFF
<TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 4px" vAlign=top colSpan=2>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Update on camber plates<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]February 16 2001 at 1:38 PM[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<SCRIPT language=Javascript> <!-- var n54_em; n54_em = ""; n54_em = n54_em + "m";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "s";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "b";n54_em = n54_em + "@";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "n";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "m"; document.write("Mark Seelbinder"); // --> </SCRIPT>Mark Seelbinder <NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT> [/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom colSpan=3><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->I gave Jim an approximate number of sets and asked him to let me know price and delivery estimate when he has that information. Here is his response:

Hi Mark,

Great. I have the drawings at the shop now being quoted. I can't speak of delivery yet.

The fellows who are looking at the Ground Control sets should know that on the front of the X there is almost no room for a camber plate between the hood and the strut tower unless you cut the body and remove the small stamped hump that rises over the perch. My design has the boss of the plate that holds the spherical bushing projecting down into the hump. You can place the plate underneath but then you lose a great deal of bottoming travel, over an inch or more. Mine fits on top both front and rear, so you can position the top perch up where it almost touches the body. There are no body mods required with my plate, except for opening the stock holes by about .030.

Jim<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial] [/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]
closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back