upholstered X19 dashboard

Not great pics, but to address the original question...Covered is my choice. Alcantera (sp?) with accent stiching, done by a local upholstery guy. Kinda neat. Not terrible expensive either, so I had him do some door panels to match.

IMG_0776.jpg
IMG_0701.jpg
IMG_0701.jpg

Not great pics, but to address the original question...Covered is my choice. Alcantera (sp?) with accent stiching, done by a local upholstery guy. Kinda neat. Not terrible expensive either, so I had him do some door panels to match.

View attachment 28606 View attachment 28605View attachment 28605
OMG. I saw a picture of this interior once, many months ago and have spent literal hours searching the internet for the photo, since I forgot to save it and it looked so good. Do you have any more photos of it, if you don't mind?

Wow, this is an old thread...

First question; I believe that dash was a "quickie" job by a pal of mine... I think I gave him around $200 plus material..? It was his first attempt at an X dash. He didn't like how it turned out...I was fine with it.
Second question; If you go to "Bring A Trailer" and look up the Alitalia car (7/30/20) there are a bunch of pics, several of the interior.

Wow, this is an old thread...

First question; I believe that dash was a "quickie" job by a pal of mine... I think I gave him around $200 plus material..? It was his first attempt at an X dash. He didn't like how it turned out...I was fine with it.
Second question; If you go to "Bring A Trailer" and look up the Alitalia car (7/30/20) there are a bunch of pics, several of the interior.
Hehe, it’s not that old, well, better than starting another thread, Thanks. I’d hire your friend at that price :) no problem.
Do you remember if some foam padding was added across the top under the fabric, to help smooth out the old dash?

Hehe, it’s not that old, well, better than starting another thread, Thanks. I’d hire your friend at that price :) no problem.
Do you remember if some foam padding was added across the top under the fabric, to help smooth out the old dash?
My dash was warped, but had no big cracks. So, no padding. As for my pal doing another dash? He is a full project guy and will not do piecemeal jobs. He only does my stuff because we've been pals forever. BTW, he did that dash back in 2010.

It's too bad he didn't make a sewing pattern, or maybe he still could. He could sell those for $50, and we could all easily find upholstery places to do the sewing. I bet he could sell 20-50 of them without too much effort...

Back