US Fiat 500

ryan

True Classic
Curious if anyone on the board has placed an order for a US Fiat 500 yet? :italia:

I think it looks like a nice little car, and think it should sell well in the US...
though I'd still rather have a Fiat Grande Punto Abarth.

GrandePuntoAbarth07.jpg

Ok, the full-on racing version is pretty cool too. :grin:

Large%20Image.jpg

...though I'd still rather have a Fiat Grande Punto Abarth.

I would SO rather have the Grande Punto! The 500 is cute, but the GP has some attitude, and it isn't plagiarizing it's past, as the 500 does on the surface.

John O.

I have number 222, should have gone for number 500...

Karl,

Did you get to place that order while at FFO? I have made several inquries into FIAT NA, Chrysler etc but no one can help me in trying to secure an order of any kind. I am wondering if I am just going down the wrong path or if its just not possible at this time.

Thanks,
Tim

Yes I ordered at FFO. They did say there may be another opportunity before introduction for FLU members but don't hold me (or them) to that.

As to the Grand Punto, I really like that as well. Its a fine Golf/GTI competitor and is the class of car I tend to prefer. For me the 500 will be a good commuter mobile (my current 2000 Golf bought new has 56k miles) which will be just fine in that role. (My Golf will become the kids car).

It gets to the need to have a variety of cars not just a single boutique car. Fiat representatives said the same thing while we were there, they can have a successful reintroduction of the brand with one car but to sustain and grow they need a line of Fiats.

I strongly agree.

Back