US Fiat Page is Now LIVE!

Jim McKenzie

1972 850 Spider
You can configure and price your own 500 here. http://www.fiatusa.com/en/ I did notice that a LOT of the options and color combinations that are available on the Great Britain Fiat site are NOT available on the US site.

...and can watch the Fiat unveiling show, Fiat's official return to the United States via streaming video from here later today....not sure what time, anyone know?

http://www.facebook.com/FiatAmerica

Nice page

I was able to raise the price to ~$21,000 with options. I do not need a bike or ski rack.

I did notice that only the 1.4 engine is available. :shock:

My yellow one with checker roof,navigation,convenience package and some other packages didn`t went over 20k.Wonder how much for the Abarth version.I`m guessing somewhere around $25-28 depending on options.....wohooooo!!!!:headbang:.
Cant wait until next yr,its gonna be time for me to pass my current car to my daughter!!! thats a good excuse right??!!!....lol:happy:

I chose a Mocha "pop" with 15 alloys and white accent interior and It was 16k even :headbang: Might try and line up financing. What company is handling their finance again Link please

Yeah Albert... start PLANNING your EXCUSES now...

HAHAHA!

On my... what if ya don't have a daughter... Can ya still give away your current ride and buy a NEW 500 anyway??? Oh my, oh my...

What pisses me off is ya can't get the...

... upgraded interior with the SPORT version or the BLACK STRIPING on a BLACK CAR. (That looks really cool BTW... saw a SATIN BLACK car with GLOSS BLACK fat rally stripes just recently for a really different look...) I'd like to see this with a dark maroon leather interior just for giggles...

As for financing... that was recently discussed using the same mega-companies that all the dealers use.

Then there is my cousin GUIDO outta Brooklyn... has some really interesting WEEKLY financing rates, if yur interested.

options...

I ran my pick, the sport and it came to $19,708. The only thing I was not happy to see was that the US model appears to be a 5 speed, not the 6 speed as previously thought.
Brett

What is the difference?

between the three models? I can't seem to find where they tell you.

Eric

Are all the engines the same?

They are all 1.4 but have different names. Anybody see any spec on HP or 0-60s?

BrianM

It was a 5 speed manual when I rented it in France in June(6 Speed listed is slushbox). Absolutely quiet on the autoroute at 130km/h. What a pleasure to drive. Just slow down before entering towns with speed bumps as the short wheelbase makes it bob up and down sharply. Much better ride quality than a Mini and superb comfy seating about halfway between a Mini and a Smart in height.

Blue&Me

I see one of the options is Blue&Me.

This is FIAT's implementation of the Microsoft system that Ford calls Sync. I know a couple of people with new Fords that have Sync 2.0 and they love it.

I am bummed, I got my letter from Fiat only to find the Sport model will have the 5 speed manual, I was expecting the 6 speed manual. My pre order for the Prima Edizione looks to be in jeopardy.

Anyone want number 222?

I hear excitement...

and disappointments. Yes, it's great to have FIAT back but anyone who ever thought the car would be even close to the European 500 was fooling themselves. As an European I can tell you that the concensus there is that Americans drive slow, boring, cars with few exceptions. So our 500 could not come as it was and has been, it had to be "americanized". It won't have the latest technology of its counterpart or the color choices. This has happened to other European makes in the 80's that didn't make it. Renault with its "Le car". what a stupid name!,it was the 5. Who decided Americans could not own a car that had an alphanumeric name, good thing that got a bit better, but it took 20 years. . and there was a turbo version quiet fast, the 9, here the "Alliance". They were horrible by the time they got done with them. Peugeot had similar problems. My view is, give Americans the choices the rest of the world has been enjoying for decades and let them choose what they like. No different that no being able to get the best engine available on a Honda , or Toyota. Somehow the idea got out there that we only like to drive low-reving engines. Ha! I hope they bring over the real Abarth version and not one built in Mexico with a detroit engine. Give me a brake!

and disappointments. Yes, it's great to have FIAT back but anyone who ever thought the car would be even close to the European 500 was fooling themselves. As an European I can tell you that the concensus there is that Americans drive slow, boring, cars with few exceptions. So our 500 could not come as it was and has been, it had to be "americanized". It won't have the latest technology of its counterpart or the color choices.

I am not sure what you are talking about--yes it has cup holders and a slightly softer suspension. It is built on a NEWER platform as compared to the European version.

I am lost on your similar comment on the color choices--it comes in about different colors--how many would you like????

Finally, it has a similar--yet newer technology of what Ford calls SYNC--except that it is NEWER technology.

Yes, it is built in North America--but so are many BMW's. That doesn't make them any less of the car. . .

This is the info about the Prima Edizione

Dear Pnma Owner

It is with great pride that we announce the debut of the FIAT 500 today at the 2010 Los Angeles
International Motor Show.

We want to thank you for the passion you have expressed for the FIAT 500, and we want to share with
you more information on the product you've reserved.

Pncing:
The MSRP for the Prima Edizione IS $19.500
(including destination). There were very few
options when vehicles were ordered: the power
sunroof is priced at $850, and the engine heater is
pnced at $50.

Availability:
We are looking to deliver the Prima Edizione FIAT
500 in the first quarter of 20 I I.

Please expect more communication shortly on how
we will introduce you to your new FIAT 500, more
information on the location your local FIAT Studio
and how we plan on delivering the vehicles.

The spec for the car is:

PRIMA EDIZIONE FEATURES:
Custom Grey & Black Cloth Seats Wlth Accent Strtchlng
Unique 16" Aluminum Wheels with Black Pockets
Automatic Temperature Control
SIRIUS® Satellrte Radio
Security Alarm
Pnma Edlzione Badge
Gloss Black Painted Roof and Mirrors
Black Body Stripe
Graphite Instrument Panel Bezel
Numbered Badge on Instrument Panel