Valve adjustment tool

You can send payment via Pay Pal, brian*pimmlabs.com $53.00 and put valve shim tool in the notes.

Brian

sohc valve ajustment tool

hi i like to know if i can buy the sohc valve ajustment tool and pay with paypal

thank you

carl115

Carl... we have a shim exchange and a LOANER...

tool that only requires GOOD FAITH and POSTAGE.

If you want to purchase a tool... hopefully Brian will have another.

Get back to me if you want more info.

Hi Brian
I know this is an old post. Do you still have these tools for sale? Or do you know of anyone that has one for sale? My dearly departed friend has one but his son and I could not find it. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick
1976 X 1/9

Hi Nik,

As I have completed my valve adjustment and don't foresee an immediate need for it, I would be more than happy to loan you mine, as long as you agree to return it within a "reasonable" :wink2: time.

We're not too far apart so postage should be pretty cheap.

PM me with you mailing address and I'll send it out. My machine shop buddy has a supply of shims, so depending upon availability, we might be able to do a "shim exchange" too.

Valve Shim Tool

Hi Dan

Thanks for the offer. Ill get it back to you in good time. I wont need shims as I have a full shim set. I would still like to find one for myself. didn't realize this tool was hard to get.

Mailing info:
Nick Papoutsis
1045 Fiddlers Road
Chambersburg, Pa. 17202

Email: np357*comcast.net

On CL in Illinois

Hi Nick,

I saw this set of tools on CL over in Illinois. I think the $99 is a little dear given you only need 2 of the 3 items. Since you have 76 X, the bearing tool will also have value to you if you ever need to replace a wheel bearing.

Thanks Dan. I will let you know when I get it. I appreciate it. This thing has been in the garage for 12 years. I cant wait to get it on the road. Upgrades include Dual Webers ( 40's are a little too much) and a crank fired ignition system and a 5 speed mated to the 1.3. Runs pretty good. its almost finished. I get the valves shimmed and get the hood back from the body shop then she rolls!

Nick

Hi Nik, I am making some tools now for Midwest Bayless, they should have them in a week or so.

Valve Tool

Hi Brian

Thanks for the reply. Ill check them out. Meanwhile another member close to me gave me one to use!

Hi Nik,

Just letting you know that the valve shim tool was received in the mail today in as-sent condition, so all is good!

Thanks for returning it so soon! Hopefully all went well with your adjustment and your X is singing it's song!

Back