VDO Oil Pressure Gauge + VDO REMOTE adapter

dcioccarelli

Dominic Cioccarelli
After completing my engine rebuild (more about that in another thread) I'm now in a position to sell off all the hardware I had collected for my 14 bolt / US spec engine.

One of the most annoying things about the US spec blocks is that they don't include any provision for an oil pressure sender. There are various methods that allow you to reuse the oil pressure switch for the sender, but they require an additional sender and some form of gauge.

A while ago, on German eBay, I came across what I believe is the best solution for the US spec block. It is entirely designed by VDO and made in Germany (albeit in the 80's). It is also brand new and never used. It is better than the existing solutions in that it allows remote mounting of the pressure sender and the use of a VDO sender rather then the notoriously unreliable standard one.

The solution consists of a (brand new) VDO oil gauge:

IMG-5099.jpg

... with all mounting hardware (and green, white or red backlighting):

... plus a (brand new) oil pressure sender:

IMG-5108.jpg

IMG-5109.jpg

... plus the remote adapter:

IMG-5102.jpg

IMG-5103.jpg

IMG-5104.jpg

... plus the original instructions ....

IMG-5107.jpg

Installation is simple: just mount the adapter anywhere (e.g in the spare tyre compartment, or engine compartment), screw in the existing oil pressure switch plus the VDO sensor and screw the end of the adapter into where the pressure switch used to be. A very simple, elegant and accurate solution to providing an oil pressure gauge on a US spec car.

Price: 70 Euros plus shipping (less than I paid for the combined parts).

Cheers,
Dom.
upsoghi0n

Last edited:
Back