Vick Auto exhaust and header installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry our reply didn't help you.

I have personally installed one of these batch of headers onto an 87 and retained the stock muffler. The slip fit flange adapter makes it so the header collector can be cut down. This is so it can fit the largest group of cars and so it can be adjusted to make the muffler fit across the largest range of cars. It can be cut when installing our muffler as well to help with fitment and tip location. This is very typical of aftermarket exhaust.

If you're afraid of the spring tabs on the muffler or use springs with 100lbs tension you may want to use some other method for supporting the exhaust.

Andrew,
I emailed you guys multiple times asking specific questions. I asked about the orientation of the mounting bracket that comes with the exhaust. I asked if the heat shield material needed to be removed. After multiple tries, you guys simply replied with this:

"It really only fits 1 way. The bracket bolts to the body of the car and the muffler clamps to the stock exhaust piping. Then you attach springs from the bracket down to the muffler."

Did you really think that reply was going to be perceived as helpful? hahaha. I mean come on.
Your comment about the end of the header being cut down to fit different lengths makes sense. But why not mention that on the website or have a little doc that talks about it? Instead, when questioned there's a lack of reply and a curt one liner that's not helpful at all? It would be useful to specify this. This entire thread would have been completely avoided with just a LITTLE bit of information on your website, or at least useful replies to email queries asking questions. And because I was originally planning to use my factory exhaust, I even purchased the header and the exhaust separately resulting in more (read: unnecessary) shipping costs.

Anyway.......now I can't get the Vick performance exhaust to fit onto the header--and it sounds from Andrew's response that I'm going to need to cut down the end of the header to slide it on. Otherwise, there's not enough room to slide it on with the header in place even though everything is removed for access. That's fine....it just would have been helpful to know all of this beforehand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back