Vicks Autosports Open House Pics

SciFi65

True Classic
Ok folks, what a nice turnout for the Vicks Open House. I think we had 6-7 X's there and a bunch of Alfas. Pete even brought out his Scorpion :) Good times. Thanks goes to Jerry and the Vicks crew for organizing such a fine event. Food was good, beer was cold, and the cars were hot :) Enjoy. Let me know if the link doesn't work.

Brian

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h209/SciFi65/Vicks/

We had a real good time!!! food,drinks(beer and wine included!!).Nice to see Kelvin and Pete again,and also finally got to meet Brian.Brians 87 Bertone is one of the cleanest,nicer one i have ever seen.Plus it was my Faza/Abarth replica first public appearance!!! still lot of work to do on it....Oh!!.. i even got sunburned!!!
Thanks a lot to Vicks owner,Jerry,who i got to finally meet and all of his staff members for such a good day.Great car guys all of them........:thumbsup:

Good times indeed. Great meeting you and Pete finally, Albert. I had met Kelvin at an open house last Summer when it was hot as the Sahara out there :) Looking forward to seeing the 2 new X guys we met out there on the forums (Ken and John was it?). That Ken is a trip. He was almost chasing the pickup truck carrying what was left of the keg away, HAHA!
Also folks, Kelvin let Kens girlfriend borrow his dash cover that he had acquired from an old X years ago. Seems she's a budding seamstress and is going to attempt to make a pattern and start reproducing the dash covers for sale (yay!). She seems positive she can do it, so everyone stand by for a possibly real nice dash cover for your X's....I know I want one.

Brian

Jayde, I tried to look Ken up on FB...

Turns out there are 417 "Ken Simpson"s on FB so I couldn't find him. Please tell him to send me a friend request, my user is "Peter Lawrence Whitstone", pretty sure I'm the only one.

Thanks,
Pete

bwahahaha wow. That's a lot of Ken Simpsons. Okay I will let him know when he gets home. :) I still need to remind him to sign up here.

Welcome Jayde... nice shot!

Do let us see your first dash cover once you get it done.

I used indoor/outdoor carpet and just cut it to fit, with no edging. Worked great with minimal reflection in black.

A finished edge would generally be considered "complete" though...

blue x with black flares

Is the blue one Albert's car? I wanna see closer pics of that thing! Those flares and rims are bada$$

Yup that's Alberts...

He just buttoned it up enough over the past couple weeks to take it out. This was its debut, so to speak. This is the closeset shot I took of it:

DSCF0049.jpg

Beautiful car, no doubt. Congrats and kudos to Albert!

Pete

Yeap!! finally got to ride it!!!.Many,many yrs in the making and after 3x`s decided it was about time since buying all Faza fiberglass from Al Cosentino back around 95-96!! back then i had an 86 which sucumbed to rust thank to my paintbody friend going to jail and all cars were confiscated and left outside in the elements for months.Then came the yellow 88 but then decided it was too nice to cut fenders and slack the interior.So along came this 87 after i moved here to TX with a good body but not so decent paint.
Still not done,...its a 20 footer as it is right now.Still needs paint,fit fr sway bar,front aux lights,rollbar,and a custom turbo system thats been in a box for couple yrs now.Interior is almost done,just needing carpet/or maybe leaving it with non at all and some tunes.
Oh!!and those 87-88 side mouldings and both rear view mirrors have to go!!!..............

I must admit Albert, I too was lusting after your rims :p HAHA!!

And Jayde, have Ken send me a Facebook request as well....or anyone else on here that would like to be buds there. Name is Brian Dingess, Fort Worth, TX.

Promise me you'll fill all the holes and blend in the flares when ya go ta paint!

Tony,i promise you all holes will be filled,but the flares will not be blended.They will be riveted back instead of all the s/s screws i have on them right now.That was its original look/style in the 70`s when they came out.
The side mouldings will be coming off too.I hate those and wish i could take them off now but ran out of rubber plugs!!....lol
Also the sideview mirrors need to go......Oh!!! Tony and i will be keeping it in its beautiful ice blue color just like you like them!!!..lol

Okie dokie! I will sure let him know. :) He hasn't had much time for the computer, we have been busy with Spidery workings (rebuilding carburetor n stuff) since the weather has been nice.

I'm still looking/problem solving for a decent trim for the dashmats. I would like to do different color schemes to match various people's X's.

Albert's car was really cool. I also really enjoyed seeing the Scorpion. I remember my older brother showing me pictures of the Lancias when I was little and telling me he wanted to have one some day. Haha. But there were so many awesome cars out there too! I can't wait for the next car show.

Jayde,,send me Kens email and/or yours as I keep a list of all the local X owners and if anything comes up my way i email everyone. I know some of the British car owners,specially the original Mini ones.They keep inviting me to their runs etc,.....this way i can keep everyone posted!!!

Metallic Medium BLUE...

Remind me NOT to speak to you again!

HA!

And BLEND the flares... dammit! Anyone can stable them on!

Jayde, got the dash cover back yesterday. That was QUICK !!!!
Just a thought, I've noticed that my origional dash cover fits OK......but COULD fit better. Feel free to experiment with the pattern....I'm certain in can be improved.
Keep us posted.

Back