VIN numbers

Yes in the last 3 years they´ve produced a lot of cars on hold, because the factory have to switch to a new car. Up on 1987-1988 they built Opel Kadett convertibles at Bertone. My X1/9 has mfg. date 5/86 and was sold as 1987 model.

End of '74 run?

From the looks of what I've seen in this thread, my '74 must have been very close to the end of the '74. The tag on the B pillar shows 9/74. My VIN ends 23961. They must have been ramping up for the larger number of '75's.

Mudge

"That´s cool. This must be one of the first US-cars and one of the first X with such a tag."

I'm pretty sure all cars imported to the US market had a tag like this of some sort. It was required by the US DOT.

FWIW...a little more background info.

Yes, from the documentation, I"m certain it was one of the first X's imported to the US.
The original owner (female) was an apparent Fiat enthusiast and must have been at the top of a waiting list for these cars.
It appears to have been her daily driver for 10+ years.
I also have complete service/repair/parts-upgrade documents of the first 200,000+ miles of the car's history.

A VERY thick stack of receipts indeed......HA

Probaly not worth much, but just kinda neat to browse thru it and see all the repair dates/mileage mesh up.

Back